Comcast Analyst 2, Finance in Denver, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Military Experience Welcome!!
Benefits for New Hires Start Day 1.
Comcast Cable, is the nation's largest provider of video, high-speed Internet and voice services ("cable services") to residential customers under the XFINITY brand. We continuously strive to delight our customers with the largest Video-On-Demand library, fastest broadband speeds and new products such as X1 and cloud DVR. All this is made possible by Comcast's extremely powerful and continuously evolving network. Comcast has invested billions of dollars into this network and continues to make massive investments every year. The work frequently entails strategic analyses helping business groups better understand the economic implications associated with different technical and implementation strategies Comcast might use to deliver products to market. As an example, you will have the opportunity to play a major role in organizing financial aspects of this network capacity planning process from end-to-end i.e. from the national backbone connecting to other carrier networks on one end to the last mile or customer premises at the other. Candidate will be responsible for assisting with the overall business operations, forecasting, budget planning assistance, ad hoc analysis, and various special projects.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
-Lead and support special projects-typically financial analysis and research of business issues in order to provide management with insights to help improve the business and financial performance of the company as it relates to network investment and related facilities such as data centers.
-Translate requests from various analysis and business teams into quantitative models. Summarize the results of the analysis for technical and non-technical audience. Develop recommendations to be delivered to project stakeholders and executives
-Lead annual capacity budget planning by working with the various engineering teams at HQ and Divisions
-Analyze financial and operational data/performance metrics, communicate findings and risks, and make suggestions to improve
-Prepare financial analyses and support capital tracking and coordination between all groups involved in the process (HQ & divisions).
-Develop tools, systems, and procedures to help effectively manage the business
-Assist with the weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial forecasting and reporting and analysis functions associated with capacity
- Conducts various statistical and financial reports,as assigned. Gathers analysis and creates reports.
- Assists in budgeting, forecasting, variance analyses and related reports, as assigned.
-Conducts financial research, analyzes financial performance against objectives, and determines emerging financial trends.
-Maintains statistical/financial databases.
- Performs additional Business Operations duties and tasks as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study:
- Finance, Economics, Engineering, Operations Management
-Minimally requires 1-2 years of analysis experience
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
-Experience with Engineering or working with Engineers is plus
-Strong financial acumen
-Analytical skills with a solid background in accounting and/or finance preferred. Must be an analytical thinker. Ability to interpret, comprehend and apply complex material, data and instruction.
- Must be able to handle simultaneous projects, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Must be a team player willing to participate in multiple projects in a variety of roles
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment and to interact with individuals with various backgrounds a must
- Periodic travel up to 25%
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer