HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Dietary Technician PRN in Denver, Colorado
Presbyterian/ St. Luke’s Medical Center provides the most advanced care for patients from across the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains. PSL has over 80 specialties and 1,000 specialists and primary care physicians.
Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center expects our twelve core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that P/SLMC creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality.
This position supports the mission of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person.
* The Diet Technician ensures that patient’s diet order is entered in computer and updated as appropriate.
* Takes meal orders by phone and does callbacks to ensure patient receives prescribed trays.
* Responsible for ordering, inventory and delivery of enteral feedings.
* Communicates with medical, nursing staff, FANS employees, patients and families, and other health care professionals to ensure diet prescription is followed.
* Takes calls for SRC and dispatches work to appropriate ES personnel. * Performs assigned duties on trayline. * When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of two years food service experience in an acute care facility preferred.
- Special Qualifications: Must show good judgment and reliability. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Degree of supervision required: Involves general guidance and direction by the Food Service Supervisor, Clinical Nutrition Manager or as needed by, the Director of Food & Nutrition Services. Employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
Job: *Food Services & Nutrition
Title: Dietary Technician PRN
Location: Colorado-Denver-Presbyterian/St. Luke%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03166-75870