Comcast Director of Software Dev & Engineering in Denver, Colorado
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
This role is responsible for providing strategic leadership and technical guidance to all aspects of the Engineering Department responsible for The Video Platform's Delivery Product. The Delivery Product consists of a number of our key B2B services including all data plane technology related to ingest, storage, content processing, origin and CDN Delivery. The role will work closely with Managers and Individual Contributors to ensure that all applications meet project specifications and requirements. Additionally this role will be responsible for developing and managing the budget associated with the team and technology.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities Core
- Manage a dev/ops software development organization that designs, builds and operates easy-to-use video processing and play-out systems at web scale on both public and private cloud infrastructure.
- Drive our migration towards public cloud automation and elasticity for our Data Plane services.
- Drive our geographic expansion to provide Data Plane services globally.
- Focus on automation and tooling allowing storage and throughput scale-out without significant manual / operational investment.
- Leads an engineering organization that delivers what it represents and constantly drives towards incrementally improving operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Focuses on dev/ops-based operational excellence; constantly striving for team empowerment and accountability. Achieves our operational SLA.
- Promotes a culture of measurement, empirical decision-making, transparency, collaboration and communication both internally and with stakeholders.
- Helps create a community of inspired engineers across locations with an aligned purpose and deep understanding and investment in the business vision and direction.
- Collaborates with Product, Business Development and Architecture to determine which new technologies to incorporate into our Delivery Product.
- Understands the budget, team capabilities, current software codebase and so forth to set reasonable expectations around delivery.
- Consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 10 years related experience
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer