Comcast Director, Plant Maintenance in Denver, Colorado
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for overseeing and directing the engineering group
responsible for each of the Networking technologies. Manages an
engineering team capable of executing large projects accurately taking
into account varied and unique product requirements and balancing the
priorities of those projects. Provides leadership and direction for team
which may include multiple functional areas. Develops and implements
strategy for functional area(s). May have responsibility for developing
and managing budget.
- Maintains communication of project statuses and drives for continued
improvement in quality and availability of each product offering.
- Works closely with field operations, product development engineers and
business development staff.
- Manages technology development and field introduction through design
engineering, vendor interaction, lab testing and field soak.
- Provides a sustaining engineering role for networking technologies.
- Builds relationships with the Division and Market Engineering and
Operations, National Engineering and Operations and Corporate Business
- Works in conjunction with Test and Quality Assurance organization to
optimize quality control of devices and technology.
- Deploys new functionality quickly and accurately, minimizing
disruptions even during maintenance windows.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 10 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer