HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Deparatment (PRN) in Denver, Colorado
In a medical emergency, the sooner you can get help, the better. Rose Medical Center has two emergency rooms: one conveniently located in central Denver at 9th and Cherry and Rose Stapleton ER just north of Interstate-70 in Stapleton. When emergencies strike, trust Rose Medical Center. Both are renowned for highly skilled doctors and nurses and efficient, quality care. We hope you find comfort in knowing the Rose ER is ready to care for you and your family 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In addition, Rose's main facility is only Denver hospital with thecath labthis close to the Emergency Room, which means the treatment you need FAST.
Emergency Care in Denver and Stapleton
Our ERs were designed to provide efficient, compassionate care and include:
- Immediate access to our accredited Chest Pain Center andRose Heart and Vascular Care program, renowned for its ability to quickly and effectively treat chest pain
- Rapid response programs in partnership with local EMS:Stroke AlertandCardiac Alert
- Emergency room team that meets the core measure for national patient care guidelines 100 percent of the time
- Board-certified doctors, specially trained nurses and other skilled medics and techs
- A“fast track” program available for patients with less severe injuries, getting you in and out of our ER quicker (M-F, 11 a.m. 8 p.m.)
- Kaiser Permanente patients accepted
- Pediatric emergency services
- Access to more than 300 affiliated pediatric specialists, neonatologists and maternal-fetal specialists Position Summary:Provides individualized patient care in the Emergency Department. This care is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety, and learning needs of the individual patients. Performs delegated duties consistent with the scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care at Rose Medical Center. Works in collaboration with the ED techs to maintain supplies, stock and equipment. The RN displays positive support for the mission and values of RMC. Provides care to all age groups: neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric. Perform Lab testing as assigned based on protocol of each test, documenting results and communicating criticals as defined. Complete competency as required. Follow lab testing safety guidelines, maintenance and QC completion/documentation, and proficiency testing as assigned. Follow "good lab practice" in testing and initiate corrective action as issues occur with test system or result. Educational records (diploma or transcript) are mandatory for staff performing non-waived testing.
*Licensure/Certification/Registration: *RN License in the State of Colorado. Compact license acceptable but must obtain Colorado state license within 90 days of hire. Current BLS, ACLS and PALS certification through American Heart Association. Must obtain ENPC as well as TNCC within 3 months of hire. CEN preferred.
*Education: *Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. BSN preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 1-2 years experience preferred. May be modified at the discretion of the Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the standards of nursing practice at RMC. Demonstrates good organizational skills, ability to plan and provide for delivery of nursing services. Displays appropriate judgment and problem solving skills. Demonstrates the ability to address customer and staff concerns. Responsible for daily quality control checks as assigned. Communicates effectively, in a positive and professional manner with staff and physicians, EMS personnel, patients and families. Maintains current certificates and competencies and actively participates on the Unit Based Council, committees and staff meetings. May be asked to float to areas other then the emergency department, and will perform only those duties for which there is demonstrated competency.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Deparatment (PRN)
Location: Colorado-Denver-Rose Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03216-74838