HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Senior Network Engineer in Denver, Colorado
WHY HCA? *
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year.
HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
Named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” since 2010
106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission’s list of top performers on key quality measures
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – The Senior Network Engineer designs, implements, monitors, and supports the HCA division network and security infrastructure. As a primary technical resource for the division, the Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the set-up and repair of division and facility network infrastructure, including the monitoring and diagnosis of network performance, and resolution of network-based incidents and requests reported to the division service desk, especially complex incidents requiring research and diagnostics.
The Senior Network Engineer maintains the HCA network and security environments by adhering to and supporting HCA IT policies and procedures, and recommends process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance and support of division and facility-based network equipment. This position assists with division and facility-based project planning, strategic planning, 24x7 on-call support with other members of division IT staff, and may be required to supplement facility-based, on-site support to technical resources.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Design, implementation, monitoring, and support of hardware and software to support the division network. This includes, but is not limited to: monitoring routers, switches, and circuits for failures and recommending corrective action.
• Creation, implementation and maintenance of standard operating procedures for equipment installation, configuration support, and division network operations which improve service and repeatability.
• Maintenance and support of division and facility-level network security equipment, including but not limited to: network equipment, VPN concentrators, and firewalls.
• Participation in and support of division and facility-level technical implementation projects.
• Provides 24x7 on-call support based on division IT staff rotation and carries a pager as warranted, to assist with troubleshooting, coordination, escalation, and resolution of network or security-based incidents, equipment failures, etc.
• Aids and trains users on proper use of division and/or facility technology.
• Mentors and trains division Technical Analysts and Sr. Technical Analysts, as needed.
• Participates in facility-based IT project planning, as needed.
• Effectively works with division and corporate IT&S personnel to ensure that division priorities and standards are achieved. This includes, but is not limited to: Customer Support, corporate Network Engineering, corporate Security, and external vendors to support division and facility operations.
• Communicates and escalates incidents and requests beyond scope of ability to senior service resources.
• Coordinates and participates in regular division-wide meetings and workshops with facility technical staff to ensure timely transfer of knowledge which impacts HCA-approved network architecture and security policies. • Participates in meetings, committees and continuing education to improve individual, departmental and organizational performance. • Aids and trains users on proper use of division and/or facility technology. • Adheres to and supports HCA IT&S standards, policies and procedures. • Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of patient care and employee information. • Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Strong knowledge of the following:
Supported networks, data architecture, applicable technologies and vendor products Security systems Utilities Firewall, router, switch hardware and software Network and routing topology Diagnostic techniques Applicable communication protocols and hardware configurations Statistical and analytical tools for systems monitoring
Preferred: • Demonstrates broad knowledge of network and security technologies and standards • Demonstrated ability to multi-task; Possesses strong analytical skills • Demonstrated customer orientation; strength in analytical, math, and reasoning skills • Effectively communicates verbally and in writing • Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications • Provides onsite technology support on projects EDUCATION • Bachelor’s degree in information systems is preferred.
EXPERIENCE • 3 years experience with data networking technologies
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE • Certification in Cisco CCNP/CCDT; CCNA or CCDP preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - Requires equal amounts of prolonged sitting and standing or walking, some bending, stooping and stretching, eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment. Position may occasionally require ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and to push or pull a cart. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Must be able to express or exchange ideas verbally, have a normal range or hearing, and have the ability to see and obtain impressions, shape, size, and other characteristics with eyes. Work is performed in an office environment and in network/server equipment environments. Work may be stressful at times, and may involve contact with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations. Travel to facilities may be required.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Senior Network Engineer
Location: Colorado-Denver-HealthOne System Support
Requisition ID: 25507-13002