Comcast Sr. Software Engineer (Comcast Technology Solutions) in Denver, Colorado
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Comcast Technology Solutions is the leading provider of online video publishing, management and delivery solutions. We help many of the worlds largest broadcasters, cable operators and media companies manage video content and deliver on demand and live streaming content to set-top boxes, online and mobile clients. Those customers include SyFy, Fox Sports Network, NBC Sports, CNBC, National Geographic, Comcast, BT, CBC, Travel Channel, Weather Company and more. As strategic business unit of Comcast, we enjoy the benefits of a large company while keeping the agility of a startup.
The Origin and Delivery team's mission is to deliver the next generation origin for video and static content delivery to multiple CDNs. You will contribute to evolving a highly automated, scalable and globally available service using a mix of on premise and cloud technologies. We practice DevOps, operating what we build, supported by talented infrastructure and support teams.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Comcast Technology Solutions, you'll collaborate with your team to lead the design and delivery of services which globally span private data centers and public cloud providers. You'll work closely with product owners and technical delivery managers to deliver solutions and services which enable content owners to build a world class service for delivery to content delivery networks across, from content ingest, through packaging and distribution.
We value cultural fit, intelligence, self-motivation, empathy and a passion for learning as much as experience. If this sounds like a role you would enjoy, but you're concerned about specific details below, please apply anyway. You might be the perfect person for us.
- Design, implement and test solutions based on provided requirements, using a mix of open-source, enterprise and in-house technologies, using commonly accepted patterns and practices
- Support, operate and maintain the team's products
- Consult with internal customers (mostly other engineering teams) to understand their use cases and assist in designing solutions
- Versatility and desire to stretch your own boundaries
- Effective at working in a collaborative, team environment
- 8 Years experience building and managing highly distributed systems, with an understanding of micro-service architectures and the operational challenges they present
- Proficient in object-oriented programming, with at least 5 years of hands-on experience; bonus if it's Java or Node.js
- Experience with at least one higher-level scripting language like Python or Ruby
- Some experience with server-side development; RESTful service experience a plus
- Exposure to Linux system fundamentals, web servers, and an understanding of networing
Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Hands-on experience with Docker, Public Cloud services like AWS or Azure, and monitoring solutions a plus
About Comcast Technology Solutions
Based in downtown Denver, our building is walking distance from Coors Field, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the South Platte River a wide variety of restaurants and of course, coffee shops. At only two blocks from Union Station, public transit is available from all corners of the Denver area. We know our hard-working, intelligent and fun-loving employees feel valued and enjoy an exceptional work-life balance. We enjoy a flexible work environment and hope you will consider joining us.
We believe in fostering a sense of community in our workplace. Whether you're a cycling enthusiast, baseball or football fan, video or board gamer, or movie lover, there is a group of people here waiting to meet you! We provide opportunities for socializing with the rest of the team like bowling and Rockies game outings. Come see why we love working at Comcast Technology Solutions!
A 401k where we match 100% up to 6% of your eligible pay
21 days paid time off 7 paid holidays
Unlimited soda, coffee, and snacks!
Great medical, dental, vision insurance for you and your family
Comcast Restricted Stock Units
Employee Stock Purchasing Plan
Comcast Cable and Internet at heavily discounted prices
Great company outings and social gatherings
Flex Spending Account
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer