Comcast VP, Finance & Accounting in Denver, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Reporting to the Region Senior Vice President for the Mountain West Region the VP of Finance and Accounting will be responsible for providing executive-level guidance for all financial accounting reporting and budgeting activities for the Region.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
-Serve as the regional fiduciary and CFO.
-Insure the integrity of the business operations across all functions along with the senior leadership team.
-Lead budget, forecasting, planning, and analysis of the region.
-Drive P&L and growth results.
-Deliver P&L and capital performance above plan/targets.
- Review, coordination and approvals of key internal hiring and promotions; review, coordination and approvals of key contracts, including statements of work for vendors.
- Provide financial expertise to operating management and interact with senior management on both operational and financial short range and long range planning.
- Oversee preparation and review of monthly operating financial statements forecasts monthly variance analysis external financial statements and budget data.
- Oversight of all general accounting functions e.g. payables general ledger payroll etc. and assure adherence to generally accepted accounting practices.
- Analyze all aspects of financial performance and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Assure regional compliance with Company policies and procedures focusing on requirements under Sarbanes Oxley.
- Coordinate responses for all internal audits.
- Ensure that all systems of financial and operational internal controls are functioning properly at the system and regional level.
- Direct all work associated with Corporate and Division reporting year end reporting packaging and local filings.
- Direct preparation of annual capital and operational budgets for the Region.
- Coach mentor and develop finance staff throughout the region.
- Oversite of Regional Field Ops, Supply Chain, Real Estate and Fleet Management.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressively responsible finance/accounting experience including management and direction of staff.
- Ability to lead a multi-site finance and accounting organization serving large customer and employee base.
- Strong capital management experience.
- Public accounting experience desirable as is prior telecommunications financial experience.
- Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Strong collaboration and teambuilding skills.
-Experience leading large organizations.
-Demonstrated delivery of strong financial results with equally strong customer experience delivery.
-Savvy leader with strong emotional intelligence and a track record of developing people.
-Strong executive presence with the ability to articulate business plans to both senior and frontline audiences.
-Prior experience working in a Fortune 50 environment a plus.
-Prior Comcast experience a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer