HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Phlebotomist PRN in Derry, New Hampshire
Parkland Medical Center Through our partnerships with The Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart Institute (NEHI), we bring specialized medicine by highly skilled physicians, innovative approaches to treatment and advanced technology to our communities. With convenient locations in Derry, Londonderry and Salem, we’re proud to provide all the care you need close to home.
We offer a working environment that's as nurturing as it is dynamic. With our team-oriented approach, and the ample opportunities we provide for learning and career growth, we know you'll find that Parkland Medical Center moffers the ideal atmosphere where you can use your best skills. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, a matching 401(k) plan, referral bonuses, outstanding educational assistance and resources, plus a generous paid time-off plan.
To learn more about Parkland Medical Center click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFVj5MFC0g4
• Know policies, procedures and practices necessary to perform a variety of routine blood drawing procedures using standard techniques and equipment. Know policies, procedures and practices necessary to perform specimen processing duties. Be aware of the role of the position and its potential impact on patient care, the work unit, the department, and facility operations.
• Make decisions and establish priorities for specimen collection and processing based on established policies and procedures. Work in an independent manner with limited supervision.
• Demonstrate initial and annual competency in phlebotomy and processing, including all computer related functions.
• Shares daily workload in the phlebotomy/processing section. Make a contribution to section and department objectives.
• Prioritizes work to assure completion within the assigned shift and according to required TAT.
• Performs and documents various quality control and equipment maintenance procedures to maintain compliance with internal and external regulations.
• Maintain constructive, open communication with supervisors, co-workers and customers. Demonstrate an awareness of patient/client expectations and seek to satisfy.
• Exhibits customer service skills in dealings with patients, visitors, physicians, hospital staff and coworkers.
• Possess an understanding of and an ability to participate in: Laboratory QA, Safety Plans/Policies, Lab Billing , Compliance, Code of Conduct, and HIPAA requirements as they relate to your position, the department and the facility. Respect and adhere to the mission, vision, and values of CJW Medical Center.
• Demonstrate knowledge and skill necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served, including patient education, when applicable.
EDUCATION Required - High School Diploma or equivalent Preferred - High School Diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE Required - phlebotomy experience Preferred - processing experience
CERTIFICATION Preferred - ASCP/ASPT certified
Title: Phlebotomist PRN
Location: New Hampshire-Derry-Parkland Medical Center - Derry
Requisition ID: 00636-4425