HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse RN Infection Prevention/Control PRN in Derry, New Hampshire
*Parkland Medical Center, *through our partnerships with The Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart Institute (NEHI), we bring specialized medicine by highly skilled physicians, innovative approaches to treatment and advanced technology to our communities. With convenient locations in Derry, Londonderry and Salem, we’re proud to provide all the care you need close to home.
Registered Nurse (RN) Infection Prevention/Control, PRN (Varied Hours as Needed)
Position Summary:The infection prevention nurse will implement the Infection Prevention Plan of PMC. This includes using effective guidelines and methods to identify, control and prevent nosocomial infections, which leads to continuous quality improvements for all patients, visitors and associates. Success will be determined by the minimization of the spread of communicable and transmittable infections within the hospital. The infection control nurse will provide education for all associates in infection control theory and practice.
Essential Functionsinclude but are not limited to:
- Incorporates appropriate assessment and intervention skills in all interactions and delivery of nursing care. o Assessment; intervention skills; evaluation; and equipment use/management.
- Communicates with patients, team members, and management in an accurate, timely manner. o Talks with, listens to patients/team members; reports pertinent, concise information; documents in a complete, timely manner; appropriately uses computer charting/ordering; protects confidentiality of patient/colleagues.
- Applies critical thinking skills and considers alternatives. o Organizes multitask workload; prioritizes tasks/work; seeks assistance; collects/integrates data from multiple sources; organizes/delivers care for multiple patient assignment.
- Develops and maintains human care relationships.
o Acknowledges the impact illness/hospitalization has on patients and families; recognizes the importance of teamwork among care providers; adapts care management for diverse populations and environments; advocates for needs of clients; provides care in ethical and legal manner; refers concerns/issues to appropriate resources.
- Manages self and resources effectively.
o Acknowledges limits of experience and capability and requests assistance appropriately; identifies learning needs and seeks resources; utilizes equipment and supplies appropriately; maintains clean, orderly environment of care; ensures traffic control in “sensitive areas”; seeks out and accepts feedback.
- Applies leadership skills. o Verbalizes scope of practice for self and others; interacts with others in professional manner; manages conflict; delegates and assigns care; coordinates care within multi-disciplinary team.
- Incorporates teaching in delivery of care with a focus on health promotion.
o Provides information to patient; assesses for barriers to learning; uses colleagues as a resource as appropriate; provides counseling about health behaviors, supports the preceptor model.
- Applies knowledge of the patient populations served within unit/area of hire. o Provides age-specific care; applies knowledge of expected norms in planning care (i.e., VS, lab values, assessment, etc); applies new data to improve care; integrates technical, psychological, social, intellectual, and physical skills.
- Demonstrates the unit-specific skills required for assigned role and service area. Maintains other required competencies based on high-risk/low-volume/problem-prone areas.
- Promotes internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Builds and promotes a culture of service excellence and continuous improvement.
- Attendance: works as scheduled and is compliant with Attendance and Tardiness Policy.
Education & Qualifications: * Required: Registered Nurse with New Hampshire license or Compact License when applicable; AmericanHeart Association BLS * Preferred:BSN or higher degree in Nursing,
Job: *Education Training & Professional Development
Title: Registered Nurse RN Infection Prevention/Control PRN
Location: New Hampshire-Derry-Parkland Medical Center - Derry
Requisition ID: 00636-4544