Thermo Fisher Scientific Onsite Service Engineer - Devens in Devens, Massachusetts
Job Posting Title:
Onsite Service Engineer
Engineer II, Field Service
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific, provides integrated solutions, instrument, and enterprise services to our customers. Asa Field Service Engineer you will be responsible for managing all aspects of field service support and customer relationship management. The successful candidate will provide complete services on Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry systems, including installation, repairs, preventative maintenance, and instrument qualifications. Our ideal candidate will be customer oriented, an advocate for Thermo Fisher Scientific in customer laboratories, and be eager to drive growth.
What will you do?
• Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification, and validation of Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry systems.
• Must be client-focused, working in conjunction with other ULS teams and Sales.
• Must be proficient with the use of customer management software to track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks.
• Reviews reports and documentation from customers, and inspects malfunctioning product to determine nature and scope of problem.
• Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
• Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
• Analyzes Chemistry and instrument reports in the process of diagnosing technical or application problems.
• Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
• Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
• Other duties may be assigned.
How will you get here?
Education Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Sciences or related field preferred
• 5+ years hands-on experience as a Service Engineer is preferred, particularly working with analytical instrumentation or 3+ years relevant industry experience.
• Hands-on experience with Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry systems preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities.
• Effective communication skills and establishing good customer rapport are essential
• Ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation
• Must be available to travel overnight up to 10% within the territory or other areas as required.
• Ability to safely lift 50 lbs with assistance on occasion.
• Ability to safely lift and carry 25-30 lbs continuously throughout the day.
• Ability to bend, squat, stretch, and reach on a daily basis in a service function.
• Ability to travel overnight at a minimum of 10%, after initial training period
• Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
• Regular and Reliable Attendance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Jobs