Comcast Program Manager 3 in Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for utilizing outstanding program management skills and knowledge to lead multiple medium-to-smaller and/or complex programs. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Orchestrates projects and programs across Engineering, Application, and Operational teams and cross-functional divisional resources. Assists in the creation of innovative enterprise automation, telemetry & metrics management solutions; assists in the creation of process and governance best practice adoption; inventory; change; and capacity management controls. Contributes to program solution selection, delivery and integration via custom applications, services, and COTS tools, to help manage critical headend infrastructure, secondary headends, hub-sights, and datacenters. Support change management re-engineering processes and establish governance and compliance metrics with headend divisional entities. Work with data scientists and developers to create real-time metrics in a visual format. Maintain required logs, records and other documentation pertaining to headend and related datacenter operations. Become familiar with new technology and evangelize benefits as projects and company goals require.
- Supports the development of the technical operations telemetry management enhancements, change and process management solution enhancements, and assists in creating solutions to ensure efficient and cost-effective head end and data center system up-time metrics
- Acts as a point of contact for various telemetry & metrics solutions, especially headend, headend inventory management, data center capacity planning, and change management metrics and other process enhancements
- Manage Agile/Scrum “ceremonies” such as Sprint Planning, Retrospectivies, Backlog Prioritization, Daily Scrums and Product Owner prioritization meetings
- Create roadmaps, major milestones, identify priority and key deliverables. Keep multiple teams abreast of development activity, key deliverables and dependencies.
- Strong relationship management skills supporting divisional headend operational units with continuous favorable standings, as well as government agencies and other vendor consulting representatives
- Works with teams to develop and monitor key performance indicators, and work with management team to meet or exceed defined goals
- Maintains required logs, records and other documentation or online artifacts and repositories pertaining to headend operations. Installs and become familiar with new technology as projects and company goals require
- Supports outage and incident management issues
- Assures the completion of scheduled work by overseeing daily activities
- Provides direction and participates in the repair of escalated technical issues
- Helps resolve complex customer issues
- Assists Supervisor to manage tech performance metrics, evaluates performance gaps and develops techs knowledge, skills and abilities to meet company and customer expectations
- Assists in the development and monitoring of key performance indicators, and helps standardize operations that meet or exceed system goals
- Must be able to conduct monthly individual meetings with engineers and technicians to reinforce the work that is performed is completed correctly and to specification
- Must be a team player
Performs other duties as assigned
- Application/Engineering/Operations (DevOps) agile management experience, specifically in video/telecommunications/internet industry, including some administrative and/or supervisory responsibilities. Agile Scrum certification preferred.
- Proven ability to strategize, organize, plan, motivate and enhance systems, processes & influence cultural change to favorable contribute to sustained growth
- Demonstrated detailed engineering support and technical application / integration consultation delivery, in but not limited to the areas of full SDLC program/project management (Agile preferred), metrics and telemetry management, change management, process management (PRD), infrastructure hardware/software architecture, governance, compliance orchestration and adoption
- Must be able to participate in the design of highly available, resilient, and scalable systems and conduct extensive research and lab evaluations of packet based network monitoring tools and architectures
- Multidisciplinary video/telecommunications background desired with working knowledge of packet based and linear/digital/optical networks highly desired.
- Experience with automating, provisioning and cataloguing of infrastructure components, modern routers, switches, and firewall configurations.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner.
- Punctual, regular and consistent attendance record.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team
- Strong knowledge of PC applications including Vision, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and associated software
- Technical Degree or equivalent tenured experience desired
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Business, Engineering
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer