Hilton Head Waiter - Social by Heinz Beck (Fine Dining) in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
A Head Waiter with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is responsible for assisting the Outlet Manager in managing the restaurant service to consistently high standards. Effectively control the flow of customers and orders throughout service. Ensuring the restaurant team maximize all sales opportunities. Deal with any customer queries in an appropriate manner. Responsible for accurate management of all restaurant transactions during service.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
In exceptional destinations around the globe, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reflect the culture and history of their extraordinary locations, as well as fresh, modern expressions of Waldorf Astoria's rich legacy. Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalized attention of true Waldorf service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value personalized attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts where we promise our Guests a single rich, experience at every extraordinary place they visit.
What will I be doing?
As a Head Waiter, you are responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Trains, supervises, counsels, and participates in the evaluation of Restaurant staff employees for the efficient operation in the Restaurant. Directs staff in their work assignments.
- Responsible for ensuring that Restaurant complies with sanitation and safety standards for Guests and employees. Responsible for ensuring that all equipment is in working order. Visually inspects and takes corrective action to ensure that facilities in restaurant look appealing and attractive to guests. Provides guidance for improvement and implements Necessary adjustments. Oversees work orders to ensure repairs and maintenance of facility are completed on a timely basis.
- Manages and monitors product quality and guest satisfaction in the Restaurant. Responsible for ensuring that food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared to guest specifications. Moves throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take corrective action to ensure food quality and service standards are met. Verifies temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products, and checks preparation methods to determine quality. Provides guidance for improvement and implements necessary adjustments. Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service and food in outlet. Investigates and resolves guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Documents inventory forecast usage and monitors supply so that the Restaurant is stocked with linen, glassware, silverware, china, condiments and other items necessary to provide appropriate customer service. Oversees set up of dining and service areas.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures that relate to the restaurant as well as all local, state and federal laws and regulations. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Hilton from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
What are we looking for?
A Head Waiter must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Thorough knowledge of restaurant operations and preparation techniques in a luxury hotel/restaurant set up
- Fine dining experience
- Strong Knowledge of beverage operations and wines.
- Strong mathematical abilities in order to determine and track inventory, controls, revenue productions, and other hotel financial statements.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and team members.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Micros
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Luxury hospitality experience in a similar role
- Fine dining experience is a must
* What will it be like to work forWaldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts? *
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptionalenvironment and the personalised attention of True Waldorf Service that createsa singular experience. If you understand the value of personalised attentionand know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences withthe same rich level of customer service, you may just be the person we arelooking for!
Job: Bars and Restaurants
Title: Head Waiter - Social by Heinz Beck (Fine Dining)
Requisition ID: HOT05QYG