Hilton Plant Operator in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Plant Operator operates, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs all building MEP systems; pools; laundry; and BAS in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will it be like to work for this Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
In exceptional destinations around the globe, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reflect the culture and history of their extraordinary locations, as well as fresh, modern expressions of Waldorf Astoria's rich legacy. Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalized attention of true Waldorf service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value of personalized attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily differentexperiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a team member with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Because it's with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts where wepromise our guests a single rich experience at every extraordinary place they visit.
What will I be doing?
The Plant Operator operates, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs all building MEP systems; pools; laundry; and BAS. He will be responsible for the execution and completion of the preventive maintenance programing and work order requests. He will be responsible for the completion of other services or duties as requested by the Assistant Chief Engineer. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensures all work follows safe work practices and procedures
- Responds immediately to all work requests which concern Health and Safety
- Ensures environmentally friendly practices are followed when handling chemicals, lubricants and refrigerants
- Responds to guest requests promptly in a professional and courteous manner
- Maintains and repairs all MEP related equipment
- Ensures the optimum performance of all MEP equipment by effectively
- following the preventive maintenance and the shift readings programs
- Evaluates and appropriately responds to equipment usage and energy efficiency
- Completes all work orders with due diligence
- Maintains a daily log book highlighting problems and solutions; and activities
- Maintain all MEP shop drawings
- Maintain equipment catalog and tagging directories
- Actively participates in the monthly departmental meeting by providing feedback and offering suggestions for improvement
- Completes tasks as assigned by Assistant Chief Engineer
- Maintains health and safety documentation and records for the assigned area
- Reports and documents potential safety hazards
- Participates as directed in the emergency response team
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role you should be able to demonstrate the attitude, behaviours, skills and values that follow:
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics) a recognized university / Technical institute
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Flexible schedule
- Sound knowledge of MS Word & Excel
- Experience of working with an energy management system
- Previous experience in a similar role
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Operation and maintenance of all hotel equipment related to your field of engineering
- Knowledge of life safety equipment used in hotel
W hat will it be like to work forWaldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
WaldorfAstoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalisedattention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience. If youunderstand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even themost extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customerservice, you may just be the person we are looking for!
Job: Engineering, Maintenance and Facilities
Title: Plant Operator
Requisition ID: HOT05SDZ