Hilton Sous Chef for the Waldorf Astoria Dubai International Financial Centre in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
A Sous Cheffor the Waldorf Astoria Dubai International Financial Centrewill work closely with the Executive Chef to manage all aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while managing food provisions, assisting with guest queries, and controlling costs.
will work closely with the Executive Chef to manage all aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while managing food provisions, assisting with guest queries, and controlling costs.
What will I be doing?
A Sous Cheffor the Waldorf Astoria Dubai International Financial Centre, will work closely with the Executive Chef to manage aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Sous Chef will also be required to manage food provisions, assist with guest queries, and control costs. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality and administrative functions
- Manage the provision of food to Food and Beverage outlets and taking action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly
- Contribute to menu creation by responding and incorporating Guest feedback
- Ensure the consistent production of high quality food through all hotel food outlets
- Manage customer relations when necessary, in the absence of the Executive Chef
- Ensure resources support the business needs through the effective management of working rotations
- Support brand standards through the training and assessment of the Team
- Manage the kitchen brigade effectively to ensure a well-organized, motivated Team
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A Sous Cheffor the Waldorf Astoria Dubai International Financial Centreis always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Relevant qualifications for this role
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong supervisory skills
- A current, valid, and relevant trade qualification (proof may be required)
- A creative approach to the production of food
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Passion for producing high quality food
- Knowledge of current food trends
- Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience. If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may just be the person we are looking for!
Title: Sous Chef for the Waldorf Astoria Dubai International Financial Centre
Requisition ID: HOT05O6P