HCA, Hospital Corporation of America New Graduate Residency (StaRN) Program (June 2018) in Dublin, Georgia
Fairview Park Hospital is an employee-centered, physician-friendly, community-focused hospital. We are a state-of-the-art, 190-bed acute care facility providing community healthcare services including a 24-hr Emergency Room, inpatient and outpatient surgery options, and rehabilitation therapy services. Our culture is based upon our values of I-CARE: Integrity, Competence, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. In our small-town community, we are literally, "Neighbors Caring for Neighbors".
We are committed to providing the highest level of quality care easily accessible in an efficient and friendly manner. We understand you have many choices in the community for health care service and strive to instill the importance of customer service throughout all our patient care areas. Fairview Park Hospital is equipped with the most modern technology to assist your physician with diagnosing and treating your medical needs. Our primary focus is our patients' comfort, convenience and privacy. Our mission and values, as well as strong customer service philosophy guide our actions every day
Come and join our _StaRN Residency Program_! We invite new graduate RN's to apply for this unique opportunity. The next program will begin on Monday, June 26, 2018 and is comprised of didactic training, high definition simulation and a clinical preceptorship.
_S_pecialty _T_raining _A_pprenticeship for _R_egistered _N_urses
The StaRN program is a 12-17 week, PAID Nurse Residency program. It allows new graduate nurses to obtain acute care nursing experience through an intensive internship program. Open positions will vary throughout the year, and positions will be offered based on needs of the hospital.
Part 1: StaRN Training – First 5 to 7 Weeks/(depending on specialty area)/: * Instructor-led classroom training * Paid training – all nurses will be paid at the new graduate RN hourly rates * State-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debriefs * Self-directed / on-line learning * BLS/ACLS Certification * NIH Stroke Scale Certification * CPI Certification * PALS, ENPC & TNCC Certifications (ED residents only) * Meditech Training and Validation * /The schedule is typically Monday-Friday, with 40 hour work weeks (8 hour days)/
Part 2: StaRN Clinical Preceptorship – Next 6 to 7 Weeks *
* Conducted at the hospital
* Paid training – all nurses will be paid at the new graduate RN hourly rates during preceptorship (union facilities may differ)
* You will be assigned a preceptor specifically for you; to train you and get you acclimated to your role
* Regular development meetings between the resident, their preceptor and their Director
* Customized Coaching/Onboarding report for clinical preceptorship
* /The schedule is typically three (3) 12 hour shifts at the hospital/ *Part 3: HCA Residency Program – Remainder of your 1styear * Upon successful completion of the StaRN Program, residents will transition to their full-time roles at the hospital * Nurse Residents continue professional development through routine interactions with a mentor (meet at least once a month) * Attend a monthly residency seminar * Complete an evidence-based capstone project * Attend graduation
- Current Georgia RN licensure
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, within past 1 year is preferred
- Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full-time commitment to the hospital. If a nurse chooses to leave the facility before the 2 year commitment is fulfilled, they may be required to meet a monetary responsibility.
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
- Attendance is imperative throughout the StaRN Training program
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: New Graduate Residency (StaRN) Program (June 2018)
Location: Georgia-Dublin-Fairview Park Hospital-Dublin
Requisition ID: 00384-062518