HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Physical Therapist PRN in Dublin, Georgia
Position Summary: Plans, organizes, and administers Physical Therapy services for patients referred who have physical disabilities within the scope of practice of a licensed Physical Therapist, exercising professional judgement, knowledge, and skill in selection and execution of assessments and treatment plans. Participates in an interdisciplinary team to plan and implement Physical Therapy services, staff development programs, and program evaluation/quality management/improvement programs. Acts as a member of the interdisciplinary rehab team by participating in team meetings and performs other duties as assigned by the rehab director to provide a more comprehensive and effective rehabilitation process.
Experience: One year of experience as a Physical Therapist in a hospital setting is preferred.
Education: Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited university/college
Special Qualifications: *Current BLS certification, ability to provide age-specific care across the lifespan (pediatrics, adolescents, aduls, and geriatrics), ability to perform therapeutic modalities
neuromuscular techniques (NDT, PNF), ability to perform therapeutic modalities. *POSITION REQUIREMENTS
1. Complete interdisciplinary evaluation and treatment as part of a team using age-specific competencies.
2. Participate in conferences with physicians and other members of the therapy team.
3. Complete patient and family education.
4. Complete discharge planning in conjunction with the therapy team.
5. Complete documentation of evaluation results, treatment plans, and patient progress per HCA guidelines.
6. Meet the personal and practical needs of patients, families, and other customers of FPH as described in
"Patients First Service". Use appropriate & effective communication skills.
7. Accept accountability for completion of assignments, demonstrate reliability & dependability (including
compliance with the attendance policy), and utilize time and material cost-effectively.
8. Continue self-development, provide leadership & actively participate in Performance Improvement Activities.
9. Reflect HCA values, policies and procedures, and its ethical and compliance principles in daily activities (Code
* Essential Functions: * Ability to Sit 2 - 3 hours, stand or walk 9 hours. Bending, reaching, twisting. Assist with
lifting patients and equipment (may be over 100 pounds). Lift and carry up to 35 pounds. Push or pull equipment
(may be over 100 lbs). Motor coordination and manual dexterity to include precision, speed work and
sensory perception. Talking, hearing, visual acuity. Mental acuity with decision making. Reading, writing
and basic math knowledge. Computer skills. * Marginal Functions: * Stair climbing, kneeling, squatting, typing.
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Physical Therapist PRN
Location: Georgia-Dublin-Fairview Park Hospital-Dublin
Requisition ID: 00384-2901