HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Senior Accountant in Dulles, Virginia
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA)is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Located outside of Washington, DC in the historic Loudoun County,StoneSprings Hospital Center,a 124-bed acute care facility, lies in an area full of attractions including historic parks, horseback riding, dining, shopping, and more! StoneSprings Hospital Center is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, which is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S where healthcare opportunities are almost unlimited!
StoneSprings Hospital Center has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval and holds accreditation from the Joint Commission. Most importantly, StoneSprings Hospital Center is dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community by putting patients first.
/Our patients are our priority, but so are_you_!/
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, dental and identity theft protection.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Senior Accountant to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here! _ _ _
_ Job Functions_
- Coordinates monthly closes by ensuring all the necessary data has been submitted timely and accurately.
- Completes all FS100 information on the day before final day of close.
- Record and track intercompany activity and reconciling the intercompany general ledger accounts.
- Prepare the journal entries assigned as per the standard JE list for all entities.
- Assist the Director of Accounting in completing year-end work papers, medicare cost report papers, and other year-end and interim financial reports.
- Helps the fiscal department provide financial support to all departments.
- Trains and supports the accounting staff.
- Supervises third party logging system (medicare, etc) including monthly exhibits and reconciliations to the general ledger.
- Assists in preparation of cost reporting information for year-end settlement.
- Prepare monthly closing entries per the hospital's closing by the Director of Accounting and CFO.
- Coordinate internal audits and quality control reviews of the various accounting systems.
- Provide financial information and support to Department Managers as required.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the accountants and accounts payable personnel.
- Maintains records in accordance with departmental filing and coding system.
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts monthly._
QUALIFICATIONS Education: BS in accounting or equivalent Licensure: None Experience: Four years experience in accounting, at least one year in healthcare preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Finance Acctg Billing Claims & Revenue
Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Virginia-Dulles-Stone Springs Hospital Center
Requisition ID: 26630-19367