Hilton Night Manager - DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro in Dunblane, United Kingdom
Only 40 minutes from both Edinburgh and Glasgow and 15 minutes from historic Stirling, DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro provides our guests with a great retreat in a convenient location. Set within 10 acres of private grounds, this hotel combines Victorian style with contemporary comfort and a warm DoubleTree welcome with our famous chocolate chip cookie.
Our hotel features Wifi, an indoor pool, a fitness room, a sauna, a steam room, a whirlpool and a spectacular view of the Scottish countryside. We also host indulgent dining at The Kailyard by Nick Nairn , with signature cuisine. This Dunblane restaurant specializes in seasonal local produce and stunning, simple dishes in a relaxed yet elegant atmosphere.
With eight function rooms and a dedicated and experienced events team, Doubletree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro is an ideal venue for conferences or events, with our Strathallan Suite having space for up to 600 guests for a perfect and unforgettable wedding near Stirling .
What will I be doing?
As Night Manager, you will oversee the night-hour supervision of the Front Office Team to ensure that Team Members are prepared and well-informed to deliver our Guests an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out. A Night Manager is responsible for managing the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Oversee the entire Nights operation to maintain high standards
- Serve as a point of contact for regular and VIP Guests
- Complete/monitor Night Audit duties
- Maximise room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
- Understand and demonstrate correct procedures regarding the acceptance of foreign currencies, credit cards and cash in accordance with the hotel credit policy
- Represent the Hotel Manager and other senior managers in their absence, taking full responsibility of the hotel
- Manage, record and promptly resolve issues or emergencies that arise
- Demonstrate current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local area
- Act in accordance with all security and emergency procedures and manage the instigation of these, as required
- Compile adequate handover to Early staff / Duty Manager
- Attend appropriate training courses, when required, and assist with the Night Team's training and development efforts
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
- Conduct annual and mid-year Appraisals with Team Members
- Conduct Health and Safety Checks and Night Walks, and maintain a good status awareness of all hotel areas
- Assist other departments, as necessary
* What arewe looking for? *
Our NightManager working with DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro is always working onbehalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fillthis role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and valuesthat follow:
- Previous nights supervisory/management experience in Front Office within the hotel industry
- High level of IT proficiency
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of work situations
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
* What willit be like to work for Hilton? *
Our teams deliver exceptional hospitality experiences to our Guests every day& their contributions are at the core of our success. We're committed tohelping our teams 'Thrive@Hilton', to ensure we're our best self, every day.
Our benefit programmes help to build a strong foundation to achieve this...
BODY - Webuild a strong foundation for health & well being:
Retirement plan, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, dentalinsurance & eye care
MIND - We seeklifelong learning & meaningful leadership:
Childcare vouchers, CMP & CAP, AXA employee assistance programme
SPIRIT - Wedare to dream & connect with purpose:
Team member room rates globally, perks at work package
We are Hilton, We are Hospitality!
* Contract- Permanent (39hours per week) *
* Salary -£20,221.32 per annum Hilton perks & benefits *
Job: Guest Services and Front Office
Title: Night Manager - DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro
Requisition ID: HOT05LGE