Bank of America Financial Solutions Advisor Development Program - Campus 2019 in Durham, North Carolina
Few things impact people’s lives as much as their finances. Make a difference where it counts by joining our industry-leading wealth management team at Bank of America and Merrill Lynch. We’re looking for the next generation of financial advisors—those with a passion for people and drive to build a business that makes their financial lives better. Going beyond portfolios and investment strategies, you’ll consider a client’s entire, complex financial picture, and then guide them with advice and solutions to help them live their best financial lives.
The Advisor Development Program will help you get the necessary training and guidance along a defined path to become the financial advisor you want to be. From marketing yourself to managing a practice, we’ll equip you with everything you need as you move through the stages of development. The Financial Advisor Stage I role is the first step. At this stage, you’ll earn the required licenses, start building the relationships that can shape your career, and be exposed to the products, platforms and tools you need to serve clients.
We’ll help you
• Get training and one-on-one mentorship from managers who are invested in your success. You’ll enroll in our Consumer Academy to develop as an advisor.
• Grow your network to eventually grow your business. Leverage our relationships with one out of two households in the U.S. Starting at a financial center, you’ll interact with banking customers, small business owners and higher net worth clients alike.
• Build connections. Work in the center of the financial universe, tapping into a range of experts, from mortgage lenders to investment analysts.
• Provide end-to-end comprehensive advice. Deliver client reviews/presentations with confidence, including reviews of investment goals, and recommend wealth management strategies to help clients achieve their goals.
• Get smart on core banking and investment solutions. Connect clients to all of the solutions we provide through Bank of America and Merrill Lynch to meet virtually all of their financial needs.
• Obtain Series 7 & 66 (63 & 65 accepted, in lieu of 66) within 120 days—a requirement for the role.
As an advisor, you can look forward to
• Unlimited potential for financial growth
• A strong referral base from across the business that will give you a leg-up on client acquisition
• Robust marketing support to reach wider audiences with greater appeal
• Ongoing professional development to deepen your skills and optimize your practice as the industry evolves and changes
• Leadership opportunities, from leading client and conference seminars to mentoring junior associates
You’re the kind of person who
• Sets and accomplishes goals, achieving whatever you put your mind to.
• Is comfortable in a sales role, finding ways to nurture strong relationships with prospective clients.
• Communicates clearly and confidently with customers from all walks of life.
• Works well with others and collaborates productively to get things done.
• Can manage complexity, prioritize tasks and execute in a fast-paced environment.
• Likes to learn on your feet, adapting to new information and seeking the right solutions for clients.
• Efficiently manages your time and capacity.
• Is thorough and will incorporate relevant regulatory due diligence into daily to-do’s and long-term strategies for clients.
You’ll be even more prepared if you have
• Strong computer skills with an ability to multitask in a demanding environment
• A bachelor’s degree, or 1-2 years’ experience working in the financial service industry and/or a sales environment where goals were met or exceeded
• Participated in the 2018 Advisor Development Summer Analyst Program
We’re a culture that
• Has a place for everyone committed to the work. We provide continuous training and developmental opportunities to help people achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
• Believes diversity makes us stronger, so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients and customers around the world.
• Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
• Believes in responsible growth and has a proven dedication to supporting the communities we serve.
This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination.
Bank of America will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law applicable to Bank of America.
Posting Date : 07/10/2018
Phoenix, AZ, PARADISE VALLEY TATUM BC, 13008 N Tatum Blvd,
San Diego, CA, 10511 CRAFTSMAN WAY (CA0239),
Fresno, CA, SHIELDS, 1111 W Shields Ave,
Sacramento, CA, FORT SUTTER BC, 1100 Alhambra Blvd,
Fremont, CA, MISSION SAN JOSE BC, 43591 Mission Blvd,
San Francisco, CA, ONE MARKET PLAZA, 1 MARKET ST,
Laguna Niguel, CA, SOUTH ORANGE COUNTY RLC, 28202 CABOT RD,
Los Angeles, CA, 1000 W TEMPLE ST (CA9705),
PALO ALTO, CA, Page Mill, 3000 EL CAMINO REAL,
Cupertino, CA, Apple Park, 1 Apple Park Way,
Denver, CO, Union Station, 1801 16th St,
Washington, DC, Vermont Avenue BC, 1090 Vermont Ave Nw,
Orlando, FL, LAKE NONA, 10419 Narcoossee Rd,
Fort Lauderdale, FL, Riverland Office, 3030 Davie Blvd,
Miami, FL, DOWNTOWN MIAMI OFFICE, 1 SE 3RD AVE,
Jacksonville, FL, Boulevards Bldg 2, 10401 Deerwood Park Blvd,
Atlanta, GA, PERIMETER CENTER BC, 1 Perimeter Ctr E,
Chicago, IL, 105 N Halsted St (IL1123),
Kansas City, KS, 78th Street BC, 7809 State Ave,
Boston, MA, 1 Federal St (MA5503),
Grand Rap, MI, - United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.