Hilton Maintenance Assistant - Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
The stories begin here at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian :
Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, known locally as the “Caley”, was built in 1903 and is one of Edinburgh’s most significant landmarks. Standing proudly at the West End of Princes Street, this former Victorian railway building hotel nestles in the shadow of Edinburgh Castle and its reputation for style and excellence has attracted international visitors and notable personalities for over one hundred years.
Click on the link to view our hotel videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Bh1EX7cFI
Why join the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian as a Maintenance Assistant ? Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian as a Maintenance Assistant?
It's your world– Your next role could be as a Team Leader or Supervisor, responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of an iconic Building in the heart of Edinburgh.
- Personal Development programmes for every level
- Working in an environment where creativity is highly appreciated
- Yearly team outings
- Do not forget a competitive starting salary
- 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
- Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
- Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates over 5,000 properties in more than 100 countries and 50% Food & Beverage discounts
Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may just be the person we are looking for!
* What will I be doing? *
As a Maintenance Assistant for the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian you are responsible for overseeing your department to deliver an excellent Guest and Team Member experience in accordance with the True Waldorf Service Standards.
You will be the face of the Engineering department, communicating with other departments and our guests ensuring a high level of service to all stakeholders.
Liasing with guest problems in a polite and friendly manner, consistently demonstrating great customer service and good all round technical ability to rectify issues on the first visit.
Able to also work in different areas of Engineering such as painting & decorating, BMS monitoring, fire alarm processes, health & safety, energy management and contractor management.
Be aware of changing techniques within building services disciplines. You’re yourself aware of these changes to keep your skill set current.
As a Maintenance Assistant you will be working 39hours per week on a shift rota. Some weekends and bank holidays will require your support.
** What are we looking for?
- Bias towards plumbing would be preferable in this position
- Passion and willingness to learn
- Positive attitude and someone who makes our guests smile
- Genuinely friendly and caring
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Ambitious and hard working
- Good communication and excellent grooming standards
- It would be advantageous if you have previous experience in an Engineering or Maintenance department. Or are a time served tradesperson.
- There is no specific education or qualification required for this job .
Looking forward welcoming you to our hotel.
Contract - Permanent (39 hrs per week)
Salary - £18,200 per annum Hilton benefits package
Job: Engineering, Maintenance and Facilities
Title: Maintenance Assistant - Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian
Requisition ID: HOT05T6W