Oracle Principal Member of Technical Staff - Cloud Engineer Infrastructure Development (JOINOCI-SDE) in Edison, New Jersey
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Preferred Qualifications - Internal
Are you interested in building large-scale distributed infrastructure for the cloud? Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is building a next generation cloud platform that supports the most demanding mission-critical customer requirements, operating at global scale to provide a secure, distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment.
Our mission is to provide our customers with best in class compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an ever-expanding set of foundational cloud-based services.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Data Flow is a fully managed big data service that lets you run Apache Spark applications with no infrastructure to deploy or manage. It lets you deliver big data and AI applications faster because you can focus on your applications without getting distracted by operations.
This Data Scientist role will design quantitative systems and forecasting models that will be a core part of our data flow products. A successful candidate will be a problem solver who enjoys diving into data, is excited by difficult modeling challenges within unique space, and possesses strong communication skills to effectively interface between engineering and product teams. As a Data Scientist on this team, you will collaborate directly with product leaders to produce modeling solutions, you will partner with software engineers to build end-to-end data pipelines and production code.
• Bachelors/Masters/PhD degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, or a related quantitative field and 4 years of industry experience.
• 4 years of relevant working experience in an analytical role involving data extraction, cleaning, manipulation ((e.g. SQL, Hadoop/Hive/ Spark).
• 4 years of experience with building, iterating and validating statistical models (e.g. R, Python, Spark, TensorFlow, Keras, etc.).
• Experience working with Neural Networks and other deep learning algorithms
• Experience with object-oriented programming languages.
• Expertise using SQL for acquiring and transforming data.
• Strong verbal and written communication, influencing and partnership skills.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
• Master Degree or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, or a related quantitative field
• Experience working with data visualization tools and creating data visualization concepts (e.g. Oracle Analytics Cloud, Tableau, etc.)
• Experience working with distributed computing technologies
• Experience working with Oracle databases like ADW or Exadata
• Experience working with cloud environments like AWS, GCP, Azure
• Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
• Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to non-technical audiences
• 5 years of experience with statistical analysis techniques including linear regression/least squares, experimental design, hypothesis design, confidence intervals, t-test etc
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: *Product Development
Title: Principal Member of Technical Staff - Cloud Engineer Infrastructure Development (JOINOCI-SDE)
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 20000UJ7
Other Locations: US-WA,Washington-Seattle
- Oracle Jobs