HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager, Case Management (RN) SIGN ON / RELOCATION ASSISTANCE BONUS in El Paso, Texas
All physicians, nurses and staff at Las Palmas Medical Center work to provide exceptional patient care. Our 327-bed hospital is a full service acute care facility. Las Palmas Medical Center has special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women's Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, Oncology Services, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center has a free-standing 40-bed, inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital, which treats patients with orthopedic conditions, strokes and other neurological diagnoses, multiple trauma, brain and spinal cord injury, arthritis and amputation. Las Palmas Medical Center is the region’s only Kidney Transplant Center. In addition to our medical services, Las Palmas Medical Center provides the Las Palmas LifeCare Center wellness facility.*
_POSITION SUMMARY_ The Case Management Manager works in conjunction with other members of the interdisciplinary care team using a proactive approach to facilitate effective and efficient patient care during the hospital stay. The Case Management Manager demonstrates initiative and self-direction in managing and providing oversight for the Case Management and Social Services Departments. This position is a working management position; the Case Management Manager will perform all functions of Case Management in addition to supervising and ensuring staffing in the departments.
_ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS_ The Case Management Manager works in conjunction with other members of the interdisciplinary care team using a proactive approach to facilitate effective and efficient patient care during the hospital stay.
- Facilitate effective and efficient patient care during the hospital stay. Face-to-face visit with patients and/or family members for comprehensive assessment for discharge needs taking into account the patient's needs, current and prospective functional capacities, resources and support systems.
- Follow-up visits and phone calls with patients and/or families as needed
- Accurate and timely utilization review of patient charts to insure appropriate utilization of hospital resources and facilities
- Provision of clinical information to 3rd party payers in support of the patient's admission and/or continued hospital stay
- Active communication with the physicians regarding issues such as length of stay, admission and/or treatment criteria, and how to render services in the most cost effective setting
- Comprehensive assessment that takes into account the patient’s needs, current and prospective functional capacities, resources and support systems.
- Collaborative formulation of appropriate and realistic patient-centered discharge plans including the arrangement of any necessary follow-up services such as durable medical equipment, home health and/or placement
- Advocacy in support of the patient’s right to self-determination
- Acting as a liaison between patients, families, visitors, physicians, LPDS staff and/or other community service providers
- Community information and referral
- Thorough and timely documentation regarding the patient’s problems, goals, plans and/or relevant case management interventions
- Participation in and/or facilitation of interdisciplinary care conferences
_ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS_ * Analyzes case management and social work functions and data. * Prepares and reviews data analyses related to the effective of services: length of stay, avoidable days, reimbursement, resource utilization, and variances. * Liaison between senior hospital management and departmental staff to communicate facility and departmental goals. * Maintains regular and candid communication with the director to advise of departmental priorities and challenges and to recommend improvements. * Provides oversight and direction of department operations. * Directs concurrent reviews to ensure timeliness and accuracy and intervenes when patients do not meet medical necessity. Oversees and monitors processes to manage and respond to denials. * Able to assist department with workload changes as appropriate and necessary to meet patient and facility demands. * Participates in annual budgeting process and monitors departmental adherence. * Maintains communication among staff members in the department. * Assists director with employee performance evaluations, counseling, and interview process. * Employee’s conduct must reflect the Company’s values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct ethics and compliance program. * Adheres and upholds all service behaviors as listed in the I CARE value commitment and other departmental initiatives. * Performs other duties as assigned or requested by senior hospital management. * Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing, and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operational area of the department. Plays an active role in scheduling and ensuring the needs are met in the unit in terms of staffing. * Serves as support to CM Director for oversight of day to day operation of department * Monitors daily and monthly reports in conjunction with the CM Director.
*POPULATION SURPERVISE: *Social Workers, Case Managers, Case Management Coordinator and Case Management Transition Coordinator
_REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS_** Current RN Texas License
_REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE_ Registered BSN Nurse Preferred or Licensed Vocational Nurse with clinically focused work history.
_PREFERRED EXPERIENCE_ Preferred: 5 years of Case Management experience in an acute care setting and 2 years of supervisory or management experience
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Manager, Case Management (RN) SIGN ON / RELOCATION ASSISTANCE BONUS
Location: Texas-El Paso-Las Palmas Medical Center - El Paso
Requisition ID: 01515-18706