HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Business Office Manager in El Paso, Texas
HCA has been recognized as a/World’s Most Admired Company/in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry byFortune Magazine .The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCAoperates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which meansNO nights, NO weekends, or On-call will be required.The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today’s life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
* GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Contributes to the company’s mission, vision, and values by overseeing all functions of the business office operations. This includes financial analysis, financial management, cash flow, billing, collections, and all other duties as required for maintaining optimal business office operational performance. *
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Assumes responsibility for daily management of the Business Office (including Registration, Medical Records, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Scheduling, and Insurance Verification and Collections).
· Monitors the flow of work in the Business Office and reassigns staff as workload demands.
· Monitors and analyzes all reports for the operational success of the business office.
· Evaluates registration, insurance verification and cash posting to determine the integrity of data input.
· Accounts for the reduction and maintenance of bad debt at the established ASD goal.
· Demonstrates strong understanding of all Center managed care contracts with third party payers including Medicare and Medicaid.
· Completes weekly/monthly reporting to management, as required.
· Implements processes and action plans set forth by the BOD and CFO.
· Consistently maintains the accounts receivable days at/or below the established ASD goal.
· Understands and communicates contract specific issues to Managed Care Coordinator.
· Communicates with physicians on daily activities affecting patient scheduling, registration, and insurance verification, as determined through facility processes.
· Cross-trains as back-up to other business office positions as required.
· Conducts staff meetings at regular intervals for informative and educational purposes.
· Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
· Conducts periodic performance appraisals in accordance with ASD and facility practices.
· Follows Best Practice requirements and responsible for education of staff in regards to these requirements.
· Attends regional and divisional meetings, as required.
· Other duties as assigned based on business operational needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Organization – Proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources and time.
· Communication – Communicates clearly, concisely and professionally.
· Leadership – Guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services.
· Analytical Skills – Demonstrates ability to critically evaluate and appropriately act upon information.
· Customer Orientation – Establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
· Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
· Contributing to Team Success – Actively participates as a member of the Center’s team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
· Policies & Procedures – Articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
· PC Skills – Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) applications; knowledge of, or ability to learn, AdvantX – Accounts Receivable System, Smart, HOST and other systems as required. Demonstrates ability to type on PC keyboard.
· Technical Skills – Knowledge of medical terminology; strong understanding of patient accounting principles for the handling of high volume A/P and A/R; high ability to multi-task.
· Bachelors Degree in Business or Health Care Administration desired and/or extensive relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
· Minimum (3) years of experience in a medical office setting highly preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) preferred.
· Minimum of two years prior supervisory experience.
· Demonstrates understanding of patient accounting principles in managing large volume. accounts receivable and accounts payable in a health care related field.
· BLS may be required as per facility standard .
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Medical Business Office Manager
Location: Texas-El Paso-El Paso Surgery - West
Requisition ID: 09387-543