HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Coordinator, Cath Lab in El Paso, Texas
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
_POSITION SUMMARY: _ **The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for the supervision of daily activities of Cardio-Vascular services to assure quality patient care; coordinate the efforts of staff in order to meet the needs of the patients and customers; and provide expert knowledge, leadership and education for individuals within Cardio-Vascular services. The Clinical Coordinator collaborates with the Cardio-Vascular Team to develop educational programs to enhance the staff’s knowledge of current trends in cardiology; to develop, implement and maintain an improvement process for Cardio-Vascular services and to oversee the QI/PI program. The Clinical Coordinator performs chart audits for process improvement of documentation, appropriate charging of procedures, and risk reduction. Anticipate and improve staffing based on department needs, collaborate with the Director in developing and implementing projects that enhance the quality of Cardio-Vascular services.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Cardiac/cardiovascular, conditions and diseases including but not limited to: Cardiac valve(s) stenosis/insufficiency, carotid stenosis, etc.
- In collaboration with the Unit Director, supervises the daily operation of Cardio-Vascular Services.
- Demonstrates advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to mentor others to improve the delivery of quality care.
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient’s behavioral and physiological status; takes appropriate action based on assessment.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or delegating care for a group of patients.
- Participates and cooperates in the departmental based Quality Improvement processes, CathPCI and ICD registries.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of personnel and resources.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient. Ensures that consents, orders, H&P’s and documentation are present prior to procedure.
- Serves as a patient and family advocate with respect to the patient’s right to privacy by protecting confidential information and by informing the physicians of patient requests.
- Ensures sterile techniques and patient safety are maintained.
- Maintains department equipment, evaluates procedure logs to assure charges are completed each day, to include Intervention and Cath procedures. Ensures daily departmental pharmaceutical needs are met, including narcotic counts and ensures that the Heartlab database is current and updated daily.
- Participates in Standby and On Call. Provides coverage for care of the patients in Non-invasive stress testing and the Interventional Unit on a rotational and/or as needed basis.
- Plans and implements department inservice program.
- Assists Director with PI data collection and report generation.
- Assists Cath Lab leadership in daily assignments according to competency matrix and departmental needs.
- Liaisons with Pre-Assessment and PACU relating to CVS patient flow.
- Other duties as assigned.
_REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS_1. Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life Support 2. RN licensure in State ofTexasorCompactState
Minimum of Diploma in Nursing required.
Critical Care experience required.
_PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:_ * Reads and writes basic English with the skills necessary to understand and transfer physician’s orders and document in medical record. * Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other personnel and/or equipment. * Knowledgeable of age appropriate medication dosages and medications commonly used in critical care. * Knowledgeable of hemodynamic monitoring and intra-aortic balloon pumping. * Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. * Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Coordinator, Cath Lab
Location: Texas-El Paso-Las Palmas Medical Center - El Paso
Requisition ID: 01515-19490