HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Supervisor Case Management in El Paso, Texas
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As the only full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic and Minimally Invasive Surgery Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
*POSITION SUMMARY: *Serves as assistant to the Director of Case Management in the supervision and evaluation of social work staff, the planning, and implementation of social work policies and procedures and maintenance of on-call staff schedule. Provides direct social work services to a defined population and coordinates coverage of patient social, emotional, and environmental needs in other areas of the hospital as needed.
- * ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Provides supervisory assistance for Social Work Services
- Assists in the hiring, training and orientation of Full-time and PRN staff.
- Provides supervision and evaluation of Social Work Full-time and PRN staff.
- Coordinates monthly on-call schedule for coverage of after-hours Social Services. Facilitates monthly PRN meetings, training, completion of required meetings/in services. Provides 24/7 on call support to staff to help address questions, staff cases and process appropriate dispositions.
- Coordinates supervisory requirements of LCSW applicants and graduate social work student as needed. Conducts weekly supervision meetings. Facilitates the selection of graduate interns and internship orientation/training needs. As a TSBSWE approved clinical supervisor, provides necessary paperwork to TSBSWE and supervise.
- Assists and advises the Director of Case Management with issues impacting hospital social work.
- Regularly consults HR Generalist to address hiring and termination questions, issues pertaining to the Standards of Conduct and Employee Discipline and other matters as needed.
- Facilitates in services and training within the department as needed to adequately and thoroughly address new resources/services or process/ procedures.
- Provides complex discharge planning assessments as referred by physicians, and other interdisciplinary team members, patients, or family members.
- Implements complex discharge plans which involve extensive community resource referrals and patient/family counseling.
- Works cooperatively with assigned case manager and the other interdisciplinary team members as needed to ensure timely discharge arrangements for assigned patients.
Performs complex discharge planning facilitation for designated patient population.*Provides patient/family counseling, discharge planning, community resource/ long range planning and crisis intervention by referral.* *Evaluates psychosocial needs of patients/families.* *Coordinates reporting and standards of practice review for social work services.*
Licensure by the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners at the LMSW level.
_ _ REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE Required: Master’s Degree in Social Work
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES Preferred: Licensed Clinical Social Worker, ACM, BLS__
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Supervisor Case Management
Location: Texas-El Paso-Del Sol Medical Center - El Paso
Requisition ID: 01512-21292