HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Charge Nurse (CNC) Spine - Nights in Englewood, Colorado
_Swedish Medical Center – Englewood, CO_
_Charge Nurse (RN) Spine_ _Shift: 7p-7a (rotating weekends)_
Swedish Medical Center, level I trauma center, part of HCA’s HealthONE, is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, annually Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of 2,000 dedicated employees, 500 volunteers and more than 1,400 physicians.
With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes, faster than any other facility in the world, Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment and was the state’s first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. Swedish also serves as the region’s neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma provider and is the area’s only level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center.
Swedish Medical Centeroffers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty
Swedish Medical Centeris currently looking for a _Charge Nurse (RN) Spine_.
- The Clinical Nurse Coordinator provides leadership through the collaboration of the Director/Designee through planning, organizing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the care provided for patients.
- The delivery of care is based on criteria that is age appropriate and is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patients.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to: fiscal, human resource, and operational functions.
- The Clinical Nurse Coordinator performs delegated duties consistent with the scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care at Swedish Medical Center and displays positive support for the overall goals, values and mission of Swedish Medical Center.
- Demonstrates the ability to have direct patient care and charge nurse responsibilities.
- Ability to recognize the needs and concerns of people and to maintain constructive relationships in all interactions. Adheres to all departmental safety initiatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written manners.
- Participates in counseling and guidance of personnel.
- Ability to assume leadership role with the health team in planning and delivery of patient care.
- Demonstrated competence with patient care information systems.
- Strong planning, analytical and written skills.
- Ability to utilize and coach others in the nursing process.
- Ability to utilize database, spreadsheet, word processing to conduct analysis of statistical reports.
- Ability to educate, coach and mentor staff using adult learning principles.
_Qualification:_ * Current Colorado Registered Nurse License. * Current BCLS, with the American Heart Association. * Bachelor Science Nursing or actively pursuing with completion within 3 years of hire required. * Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. * Minimum of 2 years clinical RN experience required. * Two years progressive supervisory or charge nurse experience preferred.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Charge Nurse (CNC) Spine - Nights
Location: Colorado-Englewood-Swedish Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03167-72225