HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Technologist/ FT Nights in Englewood, Colorado
We Are Swedish! The Rocky Mountain Region's Healthcare Leader
Swedish Medical Center, part of HCA’s HealthONE, is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, annually Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of approximately 2,000 dedicated employees, 300 volunteers and 1,400 physicians. Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment, and was the state’s first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. Swedish also serves as the region’s neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma provider and is the area’s only level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center. Over 150 facilities regularly transfer highly complex cases to Swedish. Swedish Medical Center offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty including adult and pediatric emergency, heart care, neurology/neurosurgery, pregnancy and childbirth, orthopedics and joint replacement, cancer care, gastroenterology and liver care, gynecology and urology.
Position Summary: *
* Performs all technical procedures, maintains knowledge of all procedures and protocols pertinent to the department.
* Maintains proficiency in performance of technical procedures, including venipuncture, capillary puncture and bleeding times on patients of all ages.
* Collects and processes specimens on patients of all ages as required. Performs test requests and chart results on patients with many different clinical conditions (from screening of healthy outpatients up to and including the major, complex intensive care patients) and all age ranges from newborns to geriatric patients.
* Assists the clerical duties of the department.
* Performs required function verification of equipment.
* Communicates with other allied health care professionals and patients according to job requirements.
* Performs testing in clinical Lab departments as assigned, following the policies and procedures of that department. *_ _ _Equipment Listing:_to include that instrumentation in two assigned departments in the laboratory: i.e. Hematology, Chemistry, or Blood Bank in addition to the following list. 1. Computer 4. Printers 2. Copy Machine 5. Blood Drawing Equipment 3. Fax Machine 6. Centrifuges
*Licensure/Certification/Registration: * MT(ASCP), or specialty, or eligible for registry or equivalent or MLT or equivalent expertise in the clinical laboratory field.
*Education: * Associate Degree in related science required. Bachelor’s Degree in related science preferred.
Experience: * Prefer 1-2 years of clinical laboratory experience.*
*Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: * * Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate in a clear, concise manner with coworkers, physicians, nursing staff and patients. * Must demonstrate above average manual dexterity. Must have the ability to type proficiently (at least 30 words per minute) and to have working knowledge of laboratory computers and instrumentation.
Title: Medical Technologist/ FT Nights
Location: Colorado-Englewood-Swedish Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03167-74491