Comcast Mgr 2, Software Dev & Engineering in Englewood, Colorado
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for leading a team of Software Development Engineers in the planning and designing of software and web applications. Manages projects from design to testing, including new programs, enhancements, and modifications. Collaborates with Quality Assurance team to conduct testing. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures
operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results, and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
- Oversees the planning and designing of software and web applications, including new programs, enhancements, and modifications.
- Provides guidance to the Software Engineering team and other departments in identifying product and technical requirements. Serves as primary point of contact and liaison between Software Engineering and other teams.
- Directs implementation initiatives for new software products and applications. Organizes software update process for existing applications and coordinates the roll-out of software releases.
- Manages all the deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines, specifications, and budgets. Implements performance metrics and prepares period reports and/or proposals. Monitors and tracks project progress and reports findings to leadership team.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products.
- Provides leadership and direction to department personnel from lower-level managers to non-exempt employees.
- Manages cross-project communications.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer