Thermo Fisher Scientific Electrical Engineer III in Eugene, Oregon
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $ 20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is searching for an Electrical Engineer III whom will contribute materially to new product introduction for the Biological research field. We are looking for an experienced digital electronic engineer whom will develop custom PCB based solutions utilizing FPGA/Embedded processors utilized in instruments to advance biological science.
• Participate in the entire product development process from concept to production for bench top scientific instruments used in Flow Cytometry market.
• Perform architectural design, develop requirements, perform detailed design, develop verification tests.
• Rigorously document part designs, assembly processes and theories of operation to support manufacturing and future designs.
• Scope and determine tasks for project completion, risk identification and mitigation.
• Rapid prototyping as required for technical feasibility.
• Work with an integrated engineering team by participating in concept and design reviews both within and outside of your discipline.
• BSEE, MSEE, or Computer Engineering with 5+ years of related experience or equivalent combination.
• Understanding of electrical engineering principles in both analog and digital domains with the ability to leverage this understanding to quickly isolate circuit faults
• The candidate should have a track record of successful implementation of designs in fielded systems.
• Strong team player with good intrapersonal skills, excellent written and verbal skills.
• PCB layout capability (Altium Designer)
• FPGA Design; Verilog and/or VHDL
• Experience with signal integrity analysis and simulation
• Experience with full cycle design of custom electronics: schematic capture, sourcing components, simulation and circuit analysis, implement or direct PCB layout, oversee PCBA fabrication, develop test plans and validate reliability and performance.
• Ability to guide and oversee PCA designs, and provide clear layout constraints: component placement, high speed routing, design for low noise and regulatory compliance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.