Frontier Communications IT Systems Engineer in EVERETT, Washington
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Frontier Communications is looking for a talented Developer who can deliver high-performance and intuitively designed applications using a wide range of modern technologies and practices.
The Developer’s responsibilities include participating in the entire software development life cycle to design and create network equipment provisioning solutions.
- Provide production support for OSS network assignment and provisioning applications.
- Maintain Architecture, Design, and Configuration documents revolving around network, hardware, database, and programming technology.
- Assist with UAT Testing, Network Deployment and certification after thorough automated system tests in lab environment.
- Identify and correct data integrity issues through generating T-SQL scripts to cleanse data issues.
- Modify necessary customer profiles in our provisioning platform for voice, data, and video services.
- Identify and Solve complex network or software problems impacting our provisioning platform.
- Maintain network provisioning standardization policies used by Operations teams.
- Assist Network Provisioning team with Network Grooming leveraging the OSS provisioning systems.
- Expand implementation of automated provisioning from FTTH and Video to xDSL technologies
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related subject matter is preferred
- 2+ years’ experience with a Telecommunications or Cable operator that delivers customers broadband
- 1+ years’ experience with a programming language (i.e. Python, HTML, C++, C#, Java, PHP, etc.)
- Strong understanding of networking components (i.e., PCs, Routers, Multiplexers, Bridges, Switches, etc.)
- Basic understanding of IPTV and RF video architectures (both system and network)
- Experience using XML, TL1, CLI, and TR-069 commands to interact with network elements
- Solid understanding of a network between a distribution service router and the customer’s premise
- Strong understanding of the access network (both DSL and FTTH)
- Basic understanding of customer services and equipment inside the home (Voice, Data, and Video)
- Requires strong interpersonal skills to interact with users and customers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, or Juniper certifications are a major plus
- 2+ years’ experience provisioning customers on a DSL, PON, or digital cable network
- Understand Layer 2 Protocols: Switched Ethernet, VPLS, MPLS, 802.1q, VPN Tunnel, QoS, ATM/FR, STP, MST
- Working knowledge of Layer 3 and Services: TCP/IP Routing, DHCP, PPPOE, ACL, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, VPN,VRRP, HSRP, PPP, AAA, TACACS
- Experience with in-home equipment (Slingbox, Routers, HPNA Converters, NIMs, STBs, TIVO, Cable Cards, etc.)
- Expert on FTTP PON/VDSL network architecture (IP Layer 3, IP Layer 2, IP Video, and QAM)
- Experience performing large scale data transformations for OSS applications
- Experience with a version control system like Team Foundation Server, Subversion, Git
- Experience with Microsoft Reporting Services or an equivalent business intelligence tool
Highly Desired Skills:
- Operating Systems: Windows Server and Linux
- Development Tools: Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, SoapUI, PostMan
- Source Control: Team Foundation Server (TFS), Subversion, VSS, or Vault
- Languages: C# 2010, T-SQL, Python
- Databases: Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Oracle 11g, DB2
- Scripting: SSMA, SSIS, T-SQL, XML, or PowerShell
- SDLC: Agile-Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall
Impact and Influence
- Great problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated passion for learning and bringing new technologies and practices to a team
- Experience participating in building, growing and mentoring a team.
- Experience delivering high quality code through the product lifecycle in large company
- Enjoy driving continuous improvement through change in a complex environment
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and an ability to communicate with internal and external customers at all levels, including management/non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player as well as an independent contributor on the assigned team, striving to reach highest standards of software engineering every day
- Demonstrable software architecture and strong software design skills
- Experience building and supporting high volume applications
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.