Frontier Communications IT Systems Engineer in EVERETT, Washington
About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Frontier Communications, Inc. is seeking a talented IT Systems Engineer to help develop and implement a service provisioning platform. The IT Systems Engineer will work with other team members across the enterprise to analyze the business needs, develop a solution, and help implement the solution. The ideal candidate will need to be “hands on” spending a significant amount of time doing development and working with the development team on a weekly basis. The candidate will also work close with architecture and leadership to create the vision and roadmap for the platform.
IT Systems Engineer - Job Description
We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative IT Systems Engineer to join our team. If you are self-motivated, a problem solver, a good communicator, and a team player this will be a good fit. We can promise you will always be challenged by helping solve complex problems and working in a very fast-paced environment.
- Learn and maintain an in-depth understand of the Frontier application stack
- Architect, design, and build applications utilizing modern concepts and technologies
- Maintain documentation of application architecture and development (architecture, design, and user guide)
- Engage directly with users to understand business processes
- Prioritize development roadmap based on value added to Frontier
- Create proof of concepts to validate and drive design decisions for network automation
- Implement new and modify existing integrations to Frontier’s network to automate provisioning and design functions
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of Network provisioning experience
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in an IT environment
- Experience in Telecommunications or related industry that relies on complex interactions between software and the network
- Excellent team player, eager to learn from others, and to share skills with colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write technical instructions
- Investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Lead development teams in Agile ceremonies and practices.
- Strong understanding backlog management, product roadmap, scrum, and Kanban
- Ability to adapt quickly to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Resolve technical problems using a pragmatic approach
- Familiarity with basic concepts of Layer 2 / Layer 3 data networking
- Strong knowledge of networking and operating systems concepts, data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of one of the following technologies is desirable:
- L2VPN, VPLS/VPWS, PWE3, IP, MPLS and a good understanding L2 switching
- Must have strong debugging and trouble shooting skills
- Proficient with Python or another scripting language
- Basic understanding of Layer 2/3 routing protocols and TCP/IP
Required Software Skills
- Operating Systems: Windows Server, Linux Red Hat
- Web Tools: SOAP UI, Swagger, Postman, or equivalent tools
- Databases: NoSQL preferred (i.e. Mongo, Cassandra)
- Languages: Java, Python, C#
- Source Control: Git, TFS, or SVN experience
- Web Services: RESTful and SOAP services
- SDLC: Agile-Scrum, Kanban, and Iterative-Waterfall
Desired Software Skills
- Operating Systems: Unix variants
- Databases: MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL
- Languages: AngularJS, C++
- Enterprise Caching (i.e. Redis, ActiveSpaces, etc)
- Open-source search: SOLR, ELK Stack
The person should also possess the following traits
- Enjoy working with others in a team atmosphere
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment
- Able to work with and refine loose business requirements
- Have a “customer-service first” orientation
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.