Thermo Fisher Scientific Dry Packaging Supervisor, 1st Shift in Fair Lawn, New Jersey
* Job Description
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
• Leverage GDP, GLP and GMP knowledge to ensure production of a robust, quality product.
• Supervise within the strategic priorities of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
• Optimize sequencing, setup, layout, and job execution to produce a quality product efficiently.
• Track worker performance by performing regular Gemba walks and responding to problems immediately.
• Record and report daily metrics within the Daily Management Tier System.
• Manage preventative maintenance program in the production area to ensure all PMs are completed on-time.
• Ensure proper initial and cross training is performed to a satisfactory standard and ensure proper cross training to avoid capacity delays.
• Identify all additional training needs and requirements and execute all necessary training requirements.
• Manage the vacation schedules of all employees on shift.
• Enforce all contractual standards and ensure proper adherence to include discipline when applicable.
• Support and when necessary provide guidance to Value Stream support staff to include engineering, label, quality, and supply chain functions.
• Ensure proper execution of 5S program to include daily standard work completion, completion of daily audits, reporting of daily audits, and corrective action implementation to correct deficiencies; responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and a high level of safety awareness among associates. Maintains excellent housekeeping practices through 5S implementation with appropriate audits.
• Provide the training and guidance necessary to enable the employees to improve their own abilities and skill levels.
• Document standard work/SOPs and provide continuous feedback to team members to assure all are adhering to procedures and striving for continuous improvement and alignment with the objectives.
• Provide guidance, direction and leadership for the areas of supervision to ensure that products are manufactured with the highest level of quality in a safe and timely manner that will meet or exceed our customer’s expectation.
• Ensure all manufacturing orders are followed through to a completed status with accuracy and variance review as it pertains to their department and in accordance with all engineering specifications.
• Demonstrate strong business acumen, organizational and analytical skills. Must have working knowledge of other business functions (Materials, Financial, Sales, Engineering and Human Resources) in addition to Manufacturing and Quality.
• Effective employee management skills including dealing with difficult employee situations and providing constructive feedback; ability to coach, counsel and encourage subordinates.
• Manage shift-to-shift communications.
• Responsible to assist in leading efforts to drive process continuous improvement as it relates to targeted metrics and lean manufacturing.
• Monitor and ensure compliance with ISO/GMP/FDA requirements.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Jobs