Chenega Corporation Elasticsearch Front End Software Engineer in Fairfax, Virginia
CHENEGA PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL SERVICES
Company Job Title:
Elasticsearch Front-End Software Engineer
Chenega Job Title:
Engineer VI, General
Regular, Full Time, Salaried, Exempt
Chenega Professional & Technical Services (CPTS) is seeking an experienced and motivatedElasticsearch Front-End Software Engineerto become part of our team developing mission-critical applications for the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). You will work in a collaborative team environment to design, develop and enhance front end software for search functionality and the DEA’s enterprise data warehouse systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
Build new customer-facing features and reusable UI patterns
Collaborate with UI and UX designers to create the best experience for our end users.
Write tests to ensure code is accurate and troubleshoot/debug code as needed.
Provide valuable work in support of Scrum Team efforts.
Participate in active team environment as both a continual learner and supportive coach.
Strong communication skills required which includes the ability to articulate the why, how, and what of our work.
· Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Minimum of 2 years of Elasticsearch 5 development for the support of search applications.
Minimum of 3 years of ASP.Net C# MVC based web development experience using Visual Studio 2008 or higher.
Minimum of 3 years of experience with Agile development methodologies.
Experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) in an Agile development environment.
Active Secret clearance required.
Knowledge of RabbitMQ for message brokering.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work independently and part of a team.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
· During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.M# #M
Organization: Chenega Professional & Technical Services
Title: Elasticsearch Front End Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 1900000925
- Chenega Corporation Jobs