CRST International Diesel Mechanic in Fairfield, California
CRST/Gardner Trucking, Inc. is seeking a Mobile Technician to service in and around the Fairfield, CA area. We would like this Mobile Technician to specialize in Trailer Repairs with some Diesel Technician Experience.
Summary: Our Technicians are responsible for maintaining class 8 trucks and trailers to ensure efficient, reliable, and safe equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform required maintenance services on fleet tractors and trailers.
- Perform tractor PM services as required by DOT 49 CFR 396.
- Perform trailer PM services as required by DOT 49 CFR 396.
- Maintain written repair orders to include labor hours, parts used and general comments.
- Complete written PM inspection forms.
- Perform lot checks to verify equipment condition, identify potential OOS items and verify load status.
- Operate class 8 vehicles in yard conditions, move fleet equipment safely around yard and into and out of service facility.
- Maintain maintenance reference manual to include job codes, standard operating procedures and service bulletins issued by CRST
- Operate basic shop tools to include; welders, torches, impact wrenches, band saw, scaffolding, ladders and other equipment as assigned.
High school diploma or GED is preferred, general mechanical skills relating to class 8 vehicles and trailers.
CRST is an EOE
Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a Pre- Employment Background Check and Drug Screen.
Location: Fairfield, CA
Employment duration: Full time