IBM i2 Product Professional Services Technical Consultant in FORREST, Australia
What do enabling robots to understand human emotions, transforming media and retail, changing the game of sports, and creating step-by-step recipes based on your own dietary requirements and favourite ingredients – all have in common? They are powered by IBM. At IBM we are constantly innovating to meet real needs with the latest technology. This is how we are defining the cognitive era. What can YOU do with IBM?
The IBM Security Specialist performs two core functions for an enterprise. Primary tasks include involvement in the implementation of new security solutions, participation in the creation and or maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures as well as conducting health check assessments. Secondary tasks may include day-to-day operations of the in-place security solutions and identification, investigation and resolution of security issues detected by those systems. The IBM Security Specialist is expected to be fully aware of the enterprise’s security goals as established by its stated policies, procedures and guidelines and to actively work towards upholding those goals.
Planning & Design
Under the direction of the IBM Security Architect you’ll participate in the planning, design and creation of:
• Enterprise security architecture;
• Security design documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures); and
• Enterprise Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors;
• Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security; and
• Perform the deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise’s security documents specifically.
• Maintain up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operations of all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (e.g. security tools) or not (e.g. workstations, servers, network devices, etc);
• Maintain operational configurations of all in-place security solutions as per the established baselines;
• Monitor all in-place security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations; including reviewing logs and reports of all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (e.g. security tools) or not (e.g. workstations, servers, network devices, etc) Interpret the implications of that activity and devise plans for appropriate resolution; and
• Participate in investigations into problem determination activity.
Knowledge & Experience
• Knowledge of Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting principles, Mobile Security, Cloud and General Enterprise Security Best practices;
3 to 8 years experience in a similar position;
A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field.
Australian Citizenship; Candidate should hold a minimum of AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT SECURITY VETTING Agency standard NV1 clearance or must be willing to apply for one
Knowledge of IBM Security foundation components such as IBM Security Directory Server(previously known as Tivoli Directory Server; LDAP v3 compliant directory server) and IBM Security Directory Integrator (previously known as Tivoli Directory Integrator)
Demonstrated ability to work in cross functional team;
Effective communication skills and ability to engage with customers to understand their requirements.
Readiness to travel 50% travel annually
Preferred but not essential experience and skills
Programming skills in Java and knowledge of RESTful APIs.
Skills in cross brand solutions – such as Big Data analytics, data security and data modelling
Experience in Mobile Application development and Mobile Security
Knowledge of Cloud Deployment patterns such as deployment of Enterprise software components on platforms such as IBM SoftLayer, AWS, etc.
Knowledge of IBM Security Access Manager, IBM Security Identity Manager, IBM Identity and Governance
Compensation package from $69,300 (full-time equivalent inclusive of superannuation) and will be determined based on successful candidates relevant skills and experience.
‘THINK’ has been our slogan since 1911, and now it’s time for you to do so, then act…… if you’re ready to start your next challenge click the apply button now . To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.