AECOM Motor Vehicle Mechanic-w/CDL in Fort Polk, Louisiana
Business Line Government
Position Title Motor Vehicle Mechanic-w/CDL
United States of America - Louisiana
AECOM has an immediate opening for Motor Vehicle Mechanics w/CDL at Fort Polk, LA.
Performs organizational, intermediate level maintenance/modifications on military equipment, sub-systems, support equipment and related systems such as M1 tanks, M2/3 Bradley fighting vehicles, M113 series track vehicles, M88 recovery vehicles, AVLB bridge launchers, cranes, power shovels, scrapers, paving machines, motor graders, trench-digging machines, conveyors, bulldozers, dredges, pumps, compressors, pneumatic tools, and a wide assortment of wheel vehicles including trailers.
1) Performs organizational, intermediate level maintenance/modifications on military equipment, sub-systems, support equipment and related systems such as M1 tanks, M2/3 Bradley fighting vehicles, M113 series track vehicles, M88 recovery vehicles, AVLB bridge launchers, cranes, power shovels, scrapers, paving machines, motor graders, trench-digging machines, conveyors, bulldozers, dredges, pumps, compressors, and a wide assortment of wheel vehicles including trailers.
2) Diagnoses system malfunctions, isolate causes, and correct deficiencies.
3) Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using Technical Manuals (TM), lifting devices, hand and pneumatic tools.
4) Inspects, repairs, and replaces components, engines, transmissions, and sub-assemblies.
5) Trains team members in solving unusual maintenance problems by analysis and troubleshooting. Identifies parts in repair manuals and places order request for needed parts.
6) May direct workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment, may adjust and maintain machinery such as stripping and loading shovels, drilling and cutting machines, and any other related machinery.
7) Recommends revisions to maintenance procedures to improve efficiency and ensure quality workmanship.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
Minimum five (5) years of recent heavy equipment experience gained either in military or commercial application.
Must know theory and principles of engine operations and accessories and components.
Read, interpret and use vehicle maintenance manuals, service bulletins, wiring/schematic diagrams, data tables and other specifications to determine feasibility and method to repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components.
Must be able to inspect, repair and operate.
Must possess basis skills in computer operations.
Must have ability to read, interpret and apply TM instructions, publications, and safety rules.
Must have ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Must possess and maintain a valid drivers license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle.
Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Must have Class A CDL.
Position may require travel.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Job Category Maintenance
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 183276BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.