Chenega Corporation Medical Lab Technician in Fort Sam Houston, Texas
GTW Consultants & Associates
Company Job Title:
Medical Lab Technician
Chenega Job Title:
Medical Lab Technician
SCA WD Labor Category:
Medical Lab Technician
SCA, Non-Exempt, Full Time,
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
Summary:TheMedical Laboratory TechnicianPerform clinical laboratory tests in any one or a combination of areas as described in following sections of the laboratory: Hematology, chemistry, urinalysis, serology, microbiology, immunology, blood bank, and blood donor center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
· Performs qualitative and quantitative testing in a high complexity clinical laboratory using various analyzers and/or manual methods on specimen sources such as blood, urine, and other body fluids using established procedures.
· Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surface clean and orderly in accordance to local protocol.
· Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
· Processes biological fluids (blood, urine, and other body fluids) in accordance with established procedures. Maintains positive identification of final report and specimen from time of receipt until final report is released.
· Recognizes and reacts to instrument malfunctions by troubleshooting and resolving minor problems, performs routine and periodic maintenance of all equipment as scheduled, and performs routine Quality Control (QC) to ensure all QC results fall within established control limits, as well as documents all corrective action. Inputs patient results into the Laboratory Information System and records new lots of reagents and runs appropriate quality control prior to releasing patient results.
· Maintain occupational proficiency in the use of the Composite Health Care System (CHCS) as required performing daily tasks.
· Contribute to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors and co-workers by following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
· Performs or assist with CAP surveys as directed.
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
· MLT shall have an Associate degree in medical laboratory technology or clinical laboratory technology from an accredited institution.
· MLT shall have completed an approved college based Medical Laboratory Technician or Clinical Laboratory Technician (CLT) certification program or equivalent and passed the certification test by an approved organization such as the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), or National Certification Agency for Medical Laboratory Personnel (NCA).
· MLT shall have a minimum of one (1) year experience in their specific services within the past two (2) years.
· Current BLS Certification from the American Heart Association for Healthcare Providers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and others.
· Records transcribed by the Medical Lab Technician must be legible.
· Must meet Continuing Education requirements
· Must have a working knowledge of computer.
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
· During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Organization: GTW, LLC
Title: Medical Lab Technician
Location: Texas-Fort Sam Houston
Requisition ID: 1900000866