Chenega Corporation Tailor / Temporary Part Time in Fort Sill, Oklahoma
CHENEGA FACILITIES MANAGEMENT, LLC
Company Job Title:
Chenega Job Title:
SCA WD Labor Category:
16220 - Tailor
Fort Sill, OK
Non-Exempt, Temporary, Part-Time
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
· TheTailor, as part of Wearing Apparel Services contract, performs work and follows procedures in the Sewing Section of the Clothing Initial Issue Point (CIIP) at Fort Sill, OK. Working under the supervision of the Lead Tailor he/she is responsible for fitting, marking, altering and repairing clothing, takes measurements from or fits garment to customer to determine type and extent of cutting required, and marks garment accordingly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
· Insert or eliminate padding in shoulders, taper seams without distorting the drape and proportions of the garment, sew on rank, re-sew garment using needle and thread or sewing machine.
· Repair or replace defective garment parts such as snaps, zippers, buttons, buckles, pockets, pocket flaps and coat linings, shorten or lengthen sleeves or legs; takes in waist and chest, raises or lowers collar, and sets sleeves to armholes.
· Maintains adequate stock of supplies equipment and working area, and may supervise activities of sewing machine operator or other related workers.
· Marks, cuts, and hems trousers and skirts as necessary in accordance with Army uniform fit requirements.
· Marks the location of rank on the soldier’s ASC coat and makes adjustment to the ASU coat to meet the proper fit of the coat to the solider.
· Sews on gold braid on the soldier’s coat sleeves. Moves buttons and waist to ensure proper fit of the soldier’s uniform.
· Mends minor tears in uniform and sews on buttons to be able to return clothing items to the stock for issue.
· Assembles name strips, with U.S. Army strips, and U.S. Flag patches to get them ready for Phase I issues. Check names of incoming soldiers against the received name strips (Phase I issues) and name plates (Phase II issues). Identifies misspelled and missing strips or plates to the Lead Tailor. Checks name strips or name plates for all misspelled or missing soldiers’ names.
· Assist in the issue of soldiers’ name strips during Phase I issues.
· Assembles Alteration Tags for bulk issue to each unit to complete information prior to their Phase II issue.
· Advises Lead Tailor about inconsistent or defective clothing items discovered during the fitting and alteration process.
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
· Must have High School diploma or GED certificate.
· Completed training in being a seamstress or tailor school trained tailor, or a minimum of two (2) years related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to follow oral and written directions.
· Knowledge of fabrics and construction methods
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
· During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Organization: Chenega Facilities Management
Title: Tailor / Temporary Part Time
Location: Oklahoma-Fort Sill
Requisition ID: 1800003276