BNSF Corporate Audit Services (IT Audit) Management Trainee 2021 in Fort Worth, Texas
Corporate Audit Services (IT Audit) Management Trainee 2021
Apply now »
Date: Oct 17, 2020
Fort Worth, TX, US, 76131
Apply early as this job may be filled at any time .
The Management Trainee (MT) Program is specifically designed to develop leaders that will drive the future of our organization. This program begins with a one week orientation at our corporate headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas. During this time, MTs receive a company overview, interact with company leaders, and develop skills for a successful career. Additional training will vary by department. With hard work, the desire to learn, and the ability to develop relationships, career opportunities are endless.
Relocation assistance may be provided to those who are moving more than 50 driving miles from their permanent residence.
Work Location: Fort Worth, TX
Anticipated Start Date: January, June or September 2021
Salary Range: $59,000 - $68,500
Applicants will be notified via e-mail regarding potential interviews, testing, and hiring events for this position. Please check your e-mail on a daily basis.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Management trainees in this position are primarily responsible for execution of analysis and testing as part of audits. Management Trainees audit various information technology processes including application development, infrastructure, telecommunications, positive train control, security, and operational technologies. Audits can also be focused on the revenue / finance and subsidiary governance processes, or operational processes:
Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
• Manage work assignments and timelines.
• Under supervision, develop detailed test procedures that address audit objectives and significant risks.
• Interpret and evaluate audit evidence.
• Document work performed with logical conclusions and appropriate audit evidence and support.
• Present audit results, both in written and verbal formats.
Opportunities exist to audit the following systems, departments and/or processes:
• Application Development
• Business Intelligence/Analytics
• Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
• Database Administration
• Information Security
• Network Management
• Sensory Technology
• System Architecture
• Mobile & Web Development
• Project Management
• Telecommunications/Positive Train Control
• IT SOX and General Computing Controls
Additionally, qualified candidates must be able to:
• Demonstrate the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities listed above.
• Demonstrate leadership skills.
• Work effectively in a team environment.
• Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
• Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations.
• Demonstrate ability to complete tasks regardless of obstacles.
• Primarily an office environment, with some field activities.
• Normal office hours, Monday through Friday, with weekend or evening work as required.
• Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
• Cumulative GPA of 2.75 for engineering majors OR cumulative GPA of 3.0 for non-engineering majors.
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Graduate degree from an accredited university to be completed prior to hire OR have obtained a degree within the past three (3) years.
• Less than three (3) years of work experience in a professional work environment. When calculating work experience, EXCLUDE internships or positions held while in high school or college.
• Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future.
• Proficiency in MS Office Applications (specifically Outlook, Visio, Excel, Word, and Power Point).
• General understanding required of Information Systems, including knowledge of application development, database administration, business intelligence, personal computers, and/or local area networks.
• Strong drive for results as well as superior communications and teamwork skills to be able to gather information from BNSF employees to identify and resolve problems.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above.
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Decision Science, Computer or Software Engineering, Management/Business Information Systems, Cyber Security, Electrical Engineering, Data Science and Analytics, OR any other Technical/Engineering related degree.
• Ability in any of the following is preferred: auditing, security, applications development, project management, mobile device development methodologies, database design, modeling, mining, data management, data warehouse concepts, network planning and implementation, and engineering and voice/video systems.
• Experience with one or more of the following programming languages and tools such as SQL querying/scripting, Tableau, Java, and Python.
• Experience in Cellular or Telecommunications related environment.
If you have more experience and are interested in BNSF, we encourage you to take a look at our Experienced First Line Supervisor (EFLS) program or our professional jobs to find what most closely aligns with your skill set.
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
Tuition Reimbursement Program
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
Last 7 years of driving history
Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
Other elements as needed
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at http://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic .
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Compliance and Audit | Fort Worth, TX | 76131
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Audit, Telecom, Telecommunications, Trainee, Manager, Technology, Finance, Management, Entry Level
Apply now »