HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse-Nephrology Transplant in Fort Worth, Texas
Medical City Fort Worth Work Schedule: PRN
Medical City of Ft. Worth is a 320 bed MAGNET facility located in the heart of Fort Worth. It serves as a tertiary referral center not only for Tarrant County, but also numerous counties within a 90 mile radius.
* Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
* Accredited AMI Program
* Accredited Stroke Center
* Cardiovascular center of Excellence
* Critical Care Unit – RN
* The counties’ most premier Transplant services facility- Fort Worth Transplant Institute
Registered Nurse (RN) Nephrology Transplant
- Inpatient transplant ICU step down unit.
- Receive fresh kidney and liver transplant patients from ICU, care for pre and post-transplant patients and clean PCU overflow
- 120 kidney transplants per year, est. 10-12 liver transplants per year.
- Average daily census of unit 12-16 patients
- Works closely with CVICU to prep, recover, and move patients based on acuity
- Bedside RN caring for PCU, pre and post-transplant patients, kidney and liver evaluation patients
- Comprehensive transplant education takes several months. Nurse will start taking stable PCU patients and advance as competent to take higher acuity transplant patients.
Provide competent care and excellent customer service. Performance measured by patient outcomes, service excellence, error reporting, and teamwork
Please see the CNE Message , that our ECNO, Dr. Zach Mueller, was so gracious to record for us.
GRADUATED FROM AN ACCREDITED SCHOOL OF NURSING WITH A BSN TEXAS OR COMPACT RN LICENSURE OR ABLE TO OBTAIN
- American Heart BLS AND ACLS
- ICU, PCU, or surgical experience
- Ability to Care for 3-4:1 patient ratios
Ability to multitask and cope with frequent care plan changes
- Certification, PCCN or CCTN
- Transplant experience
- Experience with immunocompromised patients
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse-Nephrology Transplant
Location: Texas-Fort Worth-Med City Fort Worth
Requisition ID: 00073-104013