Waste Management WM Career Day - Heavy Truck Mechanic ($2,000 Special Bonus!!!!) - Fort Worth, TX in FORT WORTH, Texas
Title: WM Career Day - Heavy Truck Mechanic ($2,000 Special Bonus!!!!) - Fort Worth, TX
Location: United States-Texas-Fort Worth
Job Number: 18004108
EqualOpportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
WM Career Day - Heavy Truck Mechanic
Address: 5102 Martin Luther King Freeway, Fort Worth, Texas 76119
Date/Time: Thursday, March 22, 2018 from9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Do you want to work fora growing company ? Looking for great benefits andcompetitive pay? Would you enjoy working in a company culture focusedon teamwork, customer service and safety ? If you are an experienceddiesel/heavy truck mechanic and this sounds like you, Waste Management hasa great opportunity for you!
About Waste Management
Waste Management (WM), aFortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste andenvironmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to afoundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WMserves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial andmunicipal markets throughout North America through a network of collectionoperations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-basedenergy production projects.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive totalcompensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance andShort-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K,Recognition and Rewards and more! And we offer weekly paychecks! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Pleasenote that benefits may vary by site.
Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance services andinspects, diagnoses and repairs vehicles and equipment.
Essential Duties andResponsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project work.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Education: Not required
- Experience: 2 years of previous experience working on heavy trucks (diesel) or equivalent military heavy truck experience within the last 5 years.
- Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- Preferred experience with air brakes, hydraulics, electrical, and diagnostics.
Listed below are keypoints regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often;
Normal setting for thisjob is: repair/maintenance shop.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, pleaseclick "Apply.” Walk-ins are welcomed!!! Questions? Call Irvin Cobb @832-712-6708.
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Technician/Mechanic