Oracle Data Centre Manager in Frankfurt, Germany
Data Centre Manager
Data Center Manager in Frankfurt
Oracle Data Center Manager will be the technical liaison between the
technology teams and the Data Center Environment. In this role, you will
be responsible to solve all but the most complex infrastructure issues.
As a skilled troubleshooter on a wide range of Data Center environments
and systems you understand which issues to escalate to the appropriate
resolver groups. You create and maintain documentation on technologies
you support. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support.
You know how to innovate and make decisions on your own, but also know
how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details
involved. You will be expected to improve and contribute to the
definition and specification of global processes to improve and enhance
global scalability, in addition to introducing automation with aim
your position as Data Center Manager you will be managing a team of
Technicians in a 24/7/365 working environment. You will deliver results
against a defined set of objectives and maintain an effective management
of staffing, training, coaching and performance supervision.
duties include employee vacation and shift management, planning for
capacity changes, maintaining corporate databases and ensuring
compliance with Oracle and government regulations.
are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your
region manager in planning and executing larger local projects. Some
travel will be involved.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Oracle Data Center and infrastructure.
- Monitors the Data Centre infrastructure, to ensure responsiveness andavailability is maintained in accordance with SLAs.
- Responsible for managing a team of techs in a 24/7/365 working environment.
- Oversees operational Data Centre projects and activities to ensure they are delivered to meet requirements.
- Ensures incident, problem and change management processes andcommunications are strictly adhered to by Data Center staff.
- Ensure team manages incidents, problems and changes to the serviceefficiently and effectively following the agreed and documentedprocesses.
- Ensure best in class Oracle standards are followed by staff, vendors and contractors.
- Participate in On-Call rotation as Manager On-Duty with other DC Managers in Region.
- Plan, agree and participate in scheduled BCP/DR exercises.
- Ability to understand customer urgency and sensitivity of problem.
- Communicates with senior managers to advise, influence and determine strategic business needs.
- Experience with and ability to communicate to executive levels.
- Ability to work as part of a wider global team.
- Cross cultural experience.
- Working on standardization projects for both hardware and softwareunder the Oracle technology stack; while providing consistent systemuptime as expected in an IaaS environment.
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to prioritize effectively, and experience with technical project management.
5years experience managing teams, including line management, appraisals,performance reviews, development, hiring and onboarding new teammembers, etc.
3-8years of experience in IT Infrastructure support and serveradministration in a mid-sized environment (200 - 1000 server systems).
3-8 years of experience supporting and troubleshooting distributed, N-Tier applications, software, and operating systems.
Previous experience in co-determination requirements and working with employee representatives / Works Council desirable.
Excellent English language skills with strong communication skills required. Additional German language skills are an advantage.
Must have demonstrated expertise in two or more of these areas:
Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows Servers)
Networking (DNS, TCP/IP)
Programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
Demonstrated examples of process improvement execution
Demonstrated examples of a drive to dig into the details of a system or process to solve customer problems
Strong influencing skills
Ability to work independently, with little direct management
Experience supporting large Enterprise customers in an Operations environment
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work with a world class team to develop, implement, and support cutting edge Oracle technology.
Manages a team maintaining and/or implementing software project(s) and/or internal systems. Defines, documents and manages scope, expectations, implementation approach, deliverables and acceptance testing criteria.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Demonstrated leadership skills. Detailed knowledge of several applications within a business area needed. BA/BS degree and relevant experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: Information Technology
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
- Oracle Jobs