HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Case Management Project Manager in Franklin, Tennessee
HCA, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
The Project Manager will work under the direction of the AVP Project Management and the Program Director Project Management to support multiple small or medium projects in meeting their deliverables and objectives. This role will be responsible for developing task plans and monitoring task completion. Additionally, the PM will be responsible for communicating deliverable status, both verbally and written, to project stakeholders. The position requires solid communication skills to lead project teams, as well as to interface with other departments (including IT&S), business partners, and leadership.
- Organizes project activities into manageable work efforts for team members and determines an effective approach to completing the work, as outlined in project plan.
- Ensures standardization and consistency across projects.
- Manages and communicates a clear project scope and motivates team members.
- Manages business owner(s) and team member(s) relationships to accomplish project activities.
- Assists with the development and management of project scope, timelines and quality of deliverables.
- Prioritizes project management work based upon the needs of the business and in accordance and alignment with organization strategy.
- Proactively manages the deliverables and change management processes for assigned projects.
- Builds and maintains strong, effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders throughout the Case Management organization.
- Creates and maintains Project Management calendars.
- Coordinates and assists with Rapid Design Sessions.
- Assists team members to clarify task assignments, milestones, and deliverables.
- Proactively identifies and escalates project issues and risks.
- Assists with the creation of toolkits to support field-based implementations.
- Works efficiently in a matrix environment.
- Develops a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Executive Presence – Championing the organization’s mission and values in an authentic manner; demonstration a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect.
- Analytical Skills & Decision Making -Highly skilled at researching highly complex issues, formulating alternatives, analyzing benefits and risks, and facilitating groups through a critical thinking process to arrive at a solution.
- Working Independently -Working independently and in conjunction with other individual and departments in situations of high complexity to achieve company goals. Trusted to work within predefined goals and independently design and execute approaches that meet those goals.
· Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
· Building Trust – Meets commitments. Communicates information upwards accurately even when the information is bad news.
· Communication – Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
· Continuous Learning – Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
· Customer Focus – Making customers and their needs a primary focus on one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
· Energy – Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
· Managing Conflict – Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
· Stress Tolerance – Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization.
· Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
EDUCATION: * Bachelor's Degree Required
· *Minimum 4-6 years work experience required*
· *2-4 years project management experience managing multiple projects to completion, preferably in healthcare operations or systems-oriented environments*
· *Experience with system/process implementations preferred*
· *HCA and HCA-based systems knowledge preferred*
· *Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a highly matrix environment is a must*
· *Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal*
· Nashville based, up to 20% travel required
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Case Management Project Manager
Location: Tennessee-Franklin-Corporate Cool Springs
Requisition ID: 10215-28230