HCA, Hospital Corporation of America INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOVASCULAR TECHNOLOGIST in Fredericksburg, Virginia
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center (SRMC)is a 133-bed, general acute care hospital offering a 24-hour emergency department, advanced-technology operating rooms, CT, MRI, and nuclear medicine and cardiac catheterization capabilities.
SRMCoperates as a community hospital, with a management team and a board of trustees who live in and are committed to the community. The board establishes policies and sets expectations for the hospital based on its knowledge and understanding of local healthcare issues. This commitment to community is just one of the key philosophies of SRMC's parent company, HCA. With a workforce of more than 10,000, HCA is one of the state's largest employers and healthcare providers.
*SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- To demonstrate high level of performance and strong understanding of all invasive cardiovascular procedures and modalities included.
- Responsible for technical administration and preparation of Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology procedures to include IR, US, CT, MRI, Cardiac Catheterization and Electrophysiology.
- Assists the Director and Supervisor(s) to ensure the safety guidelines and imaging equipment safety is in compliance for the department.
- Maintains competency and proficiency with all Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology equipment in order to obtain quality exams and images.
- Complies with radiation safety guidelines for patient and self. Utilizes all personal protective equipment. Operates all Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology equipment safely.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform all necessary computer operations (i.e.: Meditech, RIS, PACS) to ensure proper procedural documentation and charges.
- Renders patient care in a professional and courteous manner. Explains all procedures to the patient. Performs physical assessment by checking IV's, catheters, tubing, etc. Communicates and coordinates all Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology procedures with the appropriate caregivers.
- Prepare equipment, monitor inventory and maintain cleanliness of procedure room and work area.
- Utilizes independent judgment and competence with regard to assisting the Cardiologist and Radiologist in administering medications, contrast agents and all types of patient care. Maintains sterile technique during Invasive procedures. Proficient with IV injections.
- Reviews each exam for technical accuracy (i.e. technical quality, correct anatomical positioning, documentation, annotation, etc…) and completes verification process in PACS.
- Demonstrates willingness to assist in additional duties.
- Completes and maintains educational requirements.
Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology required PACS experience preferred
American Registry of Radiologic Technology, ARRT required ARRT Certification - Cardiovascular/Interventional (CV, CI or VI) required or required within 1 year of hire Current Certification in AHA Basic Life Support and ACLS required
Minimum of two years working as an Interventional Radiology Technologist perfered
Title: INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOVASCULAR TECHNOLOGIST
Location: Virginia-Fredericksburg-Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 25325-14485