HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Monitor Technician - Full time, Days in Fredericksburg, Virginia
__We are seeking a knowledgeable Monitor Technician who is ready to apply their education, experience, and skills to our critical care services!
Come join our family at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center (SRMC) , a 126-bed acute facility, located in the beautiful city of Fredericksburg, known for its charm, family owned shops, and local restaurants. SRMC is an HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are endless!
The Monitor Technician will:
· Accountable for monitoring hospital wide inpatient telemetry system
· Run & post rhythm stripes at designated intervals
· Initiate code blues, if appropriate
· Interpret rhythms & validate computer readout
· Check & verify lead placement on patients
· Compare posted strip to previous strip & notify nursing staff of changes
· Notify nursing staff of any changes in cardiac rate/rhythm
· Recognize & respond to unusual or abnormal patient condition
· Records patient condition utilizing computerized documentation systems.
· Orients and mentors new staff members.
· Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
· Adheres to Hospital policies and procedures. Supports mission of SRMC.
· ECG monitoring
· Minimum I year of experience as a monitor tech in Hospital setting.
· Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
· Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision
· Ability to remain focused and maintains concentration over extended period of time.
· High School graduate or equivalent
· Current BLS Healthcare Provider Certification
· Completion of Basic ECG/Arrhythmia course.
· Ability to interpret cardiac rhythms and arrhythmias.
· Must pass a Basic Rhythm test.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Monitor Technician - Full time, Days
Location: Virginia-Fredericksburg-Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 25325-15223