HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Phlebotomist in Fredericksburg, Virginia
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center (SRMC) is a 133 bed-acute care facility, located in the beautiful city of Fredericksburg, known for its charm, family owned shops, and local restaurants. SRMC is an HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune’s 100, making it a very secure and reputable facility to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are endless!
SRMC’s surgical team includes highly trained physicians, anesthesiologists, nurses and other healthcare professionals. The goal is to provide expert personal care in an inviting and comfortable environment that promotes health and recovery.
In addition to general surgery, SRMC offers many surgical specialties including: Breast surgery, ENT surgery, General surgery, Hand surgery, Gynecologic surgery, Orthopedic surgery, Plastic surgery, Podiatric surgery, Prostate surgery, Spine surgery, Urogynecologic surgery, Urological surgery, and Vascular surgery.
We offer a working environment that's as nurturing as it is dynamic. With our team-oriented approach, and the ample opportunities we provide for learning and career growth, we know you'll find that Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center offers the ideal atmosphere where you can use your best skills. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, a matching 401(k) plan, referral bonuses, outstanding educational assistance and resources, plus a generous paid time-off plan.
Click here to so see more about Spotsylvania Regional:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UBXjATyocg
• Know policies, procedures and practices necessary to perform a variety of routine blood drawing procedures using standard techniques and equipment. Know policies, procedures and practices necessary to perform specimen processing duties. Be aware of the role of the position and its potential impact on patient care, the work unit, the department, and facility operations.
• Make decisions and establish priorities for specimen collection and processing based on established policies and procedures. Work in an independent manner with limited supervision.
• Demonstrate initial and annual competency in phlebotomy and processing, including all computer related functions.
• Shares daily workload in the phlebotomy/processing section. Make a contribution to section and department objectives.
• Prioritizes work to assure completion within the assigned shift and according to required TAT.
• Performs and documents various quality control and equipment maintenance procedures to maintain compliance with internal and external regulations.
• Maintain constructive, open communication with supervisors, co-workers and customers. Demonstrate an awareness of patient/client expectations and seek to satisfy.
• Exhibits customer service skills in dealings with patients, visitors, physicians, hospital staff and coworkers.
• Possess an understanding of and an ability to participate in: Laboratory QA, Safety Plans/Policies, Lab Billing , Compliance, Code of Conduct, and HIPAA requirements as they relate to your position, the department and the facility. Respect and adhere to the mission, vision, and values of CJW Medical Center.
• Demonstrate knowledge and skill necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served, including patient education, when applicable.
EDUCATION Required - High School Diploma or equivalent Preferred - High School Diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE Required - phlebotomy experience Preferred - processing experience
CERTIFICATION Preferred - ASCP/ASPT certified
Location: Virginia-Fredericksburg-Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 25325-14500