HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Social Worker, MSW PRN in Fredericksburg, Virginia
We are seeking a qualifiedSocial Worker, PRNwho is ready to apply their education, experience, and skills to our Spotsylvania Regional team!
Come join our family at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center (SRMC), a 126-bed acute facility,located in the beautiful city of Fredericksburg, known for its charm, family owned shops, and local restaurants. SRMC is an HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are endless!
The Social Worker PRN will exhibit excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers as well as shows courtesy, compassion and respect to all individuals.
- Responsible for providing social work services to patients and their families, as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Social work interventions are focused on assessment, crisis stabilization, psycho-therapy, and disposition planning.
- At times, the social worker may provide service to different patient age groups, based on training and knowledge.
- Screen admissions for discharge needs within one-two (1-2) business days.
- Track and monitor avoidable (alternative care) days, and provide your supervisor with this information daily.
- Performs continuous assessments and evaluations, to ensure patient is progressing towards desired outcomes.
- Assesses and responds to patient/family needs by coordinating efforts of other team members.
- Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective patient care.
- Collaborates and consults with physicians on patient's progress and discharge planning needs.
- Communicates effective and professionally with peers, supervisors, ancillary departments and all other external/internal customers.
- Coordinates the discharge planning process ensuring involvement of all members of the healthcare team.
- Counsels with patients and family members in decision making and in meeting psychosocial needs of the patient.
- Maintains knowledge of resources and facilities available to patients and family members.
- Collaborates with personnel at other facilities to coordinate smooth and effective patient transfers and transitions.
- Compiles, evaluates, and reports statistics to members of the team and utilizes the information to facilitate process improvement activities.
- Analyzes pertinent data, communicates findings, documents information accurately.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Collaborates with RN Case Manager to coordinate smooth and effective patient transfers and transitions.
- Takes an active role in detention order hearings on the behavioral health unit.
Master’s Degree from an accredited social work program or Master’s Degree in a related field, which provided appropriate background and experience. Education should be clinically focused with study in human life span development and psychopathology.
· BLS for Healthcare Providers through AHA is required
· Crisis Prevention Institute certification is required within 30 days of hire
- · At least the equivalent of 2 years of experience, which can include a graduate level practicum (20 hours per week for 2 semesters or 40 hours per week for 3 months).
- · Experience must be focused in the area of inpatient hospitalization, partial hospitalization, crisis prevention, or outpatient practice.
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Social Worker, MSW PRN
Location: Virginia-Fredericksburg-Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 25325-15679