HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Surgical Technician in Fredericksburg, Virginia
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA)is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Come join our family atSpotsylvania Regional Medical Center (SRMC), a 126-bed acute facility, located in the beautiful city of Fredericksburg, known for its charm, family owned shops, and local restaurants. SRMC is an HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are endless!
/Our patients are our priority, but so areyou!/
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, dental and identity theft protection.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious OB Scrub Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
- Primary responsibility for scrubbing for procedures in the Labor & Delivery OR and assisting with vaginal deliveries.
- Participates in sponge, needle and instrument counts. Reports count discrepancies immediately according to established policy and procedure.
- Readies sutures and passes all instruments, equipment, sponges, medications, etc. to surgeons and assistants as needed and/or requested.
- Performs assisting functions for surgeon, as directed, including but not limited to holding retractors and suctioning operative field.
- Maintains aseptic technique and sterile field.
- Performs as second scrub when required.
- Passes specimens from sterile field to circulating nurse. Handles and identifies specimens according to established policy and procedure.
- Works as a collaborative member of the Labor & Delivery team. Demonstrates ability to adjust to different situations at any given time. Anticipates needs of surgical team on field. Takes direction from circulating nurse.
- Maintains proper supplies and equipment and cleans and returns equipment to the proper place.
- Assists with cleaning and restocking of operating rooms and LDR rooms.
- Maintains clean and orderly operating rooms, supply and equipment storage rooms.
- Assists with patient transportation.
- Transcribes physician orders as needed.
- Manages the physical environment of the unit.
- Appropriately utilizes resources related to clerical duties.
- Effectively communicate pertinent information to appropriate individuals.
- Maintains and communicates with staff and visitors.
- Orders and maintains appropriate levels of supplies.
- Compiles daily/monthly statistical reports as indicated.
- Participates in orientation of new employees.
- Assists in keeping the unit appropriately stocked.
- Provides nursing care under the direction of the RN in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Assists physician during delivery, treatment, examination and surgical procedures as directed and under the direction of the RN.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care under the direction of the RN.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required. Maintains a positive attitude that reflects the mission and values of SRMC.
QUALIFICATIONS:__ Knowledge of medical terminology required. Basic computer knowledge required. Must have customer service abilities including effective listening skills. Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds. * * *EDUCATION: * High School diploma or GED required. Completion of Surgical Tech Course required.*LICENSURE: *
Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider required.
Surgical Technician certification preferred.
Previous unit secretary/tech experience required. 1-2 years scrub or hospital experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Surgical Technician
Location: Virginia-Fredericksburg-Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 25325-18963