IBM IBM Security Cloud Developer in FREDERICTON, New Brunswick
The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 2 trillion dollars by 2019. At IBM Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity thief, fraud etc. IBM Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defenses and proven experts; and we are looking for Software Developers to come make a difference.
Why join IBM Security?
Work for one of the most advanced cyber security companies in the world and one of the world's most trusted brands
Use the most modern software development tools to work on the leading edge of software development, building micro services based cloud-first infrastructure
Work with a globally distributed and international team, with a culture centered on success
Competitive compensation and benefit packages
A world of opportunity for career growth
What are your responsibilities?
· As a security cloud platform developer, you will be expected to demonstrate solid conceptual and technical skills as you develop, implement, and eventually help to run core infrastructure components to back IBM Security’s cloud portfolio of products
· You will work with product owners to implement new components, and new features in existing components
· You will help your team find and resolve technical debt using agile development practices
· You will help your team support and run your services in production in a DevOps oriented fashion
· You will work with other products and teams in the IBM Security division to help them utilize and develop against the platform components you build
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
English Fluent (verbal and written)
3+ years of professional experience developing in Java
3+ years of experience in one or more of the following: Ruby / Python / Go
Experience in agile software development methodologies
Experience developing microservices based platforms based on RESTful APIs
Experience developing in a service-oriented Cloud environment
Willingness to take ownership of your code –you build it, you run it
Ability to work with other geographically dispersed teams
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Experience working on extremely highly scalable platforms is a plus
Experience in one or more of the following technologies is a plus: Apache Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Elastic Search, Node JS
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.